George Foreman is an American former professional boxer and the former world heavyweight champion who competed between the years 1969 and 1997.
Facts of George Foreman
|Full Name:||George Foreman|
|Age:||73 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||January 10, 1949|
|Birth Place:||Texas, U.S.|
|Net Worth:||$340 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Height / How tall :||6.3 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Scorpio, Virgo, Taurus|
|View more / View fewer Facts of George Foreman|
George Foreman is an American former professional boxer and the former world heavyweight champion who competed between the years 1969 and 1997. He is also known as Big George. Foreman is an Olympic Gold Medalist and a two-time world heavyweight champion. He is also the youngest boxer in history to win a heavyweight title at the age of 20. However, on November 17, 2019, Foreman, the legend admitted that he never wanted a fight with the other legend, like Iron Mike and Mike Tyson.
What is George Foreman famous for?
- Famous as an American former professional boxer and a boxing legend.
When was George Foreman born?
George Foreman was born on 10th January 1949 in Marshall, Texas, US. American is his nationality. His birth name is George Edward Foreman. His ethnicity is White Caucasian while Capricorn is his zodiac sign.
He was raised in Fifth Ward, Houston with his six siblings by his step-father J.D Foreman with whom his mother, Nancy married after his birth. His biological father was Leroy Moorehead. His family’s economic condition was very poor. So, at the age of 15, he got dropped out of school.
Then, he joined the Job Corps. With the help of a supervisor, he went to California and started his training in boxing. He was also interested in football, but he gave it for his boxing career. At the age of 19, he won a gold medal in 1968 Summer Olympics’ Heavyweight Boxing Championship after defeating Russian boxer, Cepulis in the 2nd round.
George Foreman Career Highlights
- Foreman started his professional career with his first win through a three-round knockout against Donald Walheim in 1969.
- In 1970, he fought for 12 matches and eventually winning all of his bouts with 11 by knockout.
- In 1971, Foreman won seven more fights and won all of them by knockout.
- On May 10, 1971, Foreman won the “NABF heavyweight” title defeating Gregorio Peralta with a knockout.
- On May 11, 1972, Foreman won the Pan American heavyweight title defeating Miguel Angel Paez through KO.
- On January 22, 1973, Foreman won the WBA, WBC, The Ring, and Lineal heavyweight titles after he defeated Joe Fraizer and retained it several times.
- On October 29, 1974, he faced his first-ever loss after winning his all 40 matches, against the legend Muhammad Ali.
- On January 24, 1976, he won the NABF heavyweight title after he defeated Joe Frazier again with TKO.
- Foreman continued his pace and returned back to his track winning almost all of the remaining matches in 1976 and 1977(except one against Jimmy Young).
- In 1987, he fought 5 matches and won all of his bouts with TKO.
- Foreman fought altogether 14 matches and eventually won all of them in 1988 and 1989.
- On April 19, 1991, Foreman faced another loss against Evander Holyfield losing the WBA, WBC, IBF, and lineal heavyweight titles.
- On June 7, 1993, he lost the WBO heavyweight title against Tommy Morrison.
- On November 5, 1994, Foreman won the WBA, IBF, and lineal heavyweight titles defeating against Michael Moorer.
- On November 22, 1997, Foreman fought and lost his last match against Shannon Briggs with MD.
Who is George Foreman married to?
The two-time world heavyweight champion, George Foreman has got married four times and divorced three times. His former wives are Cynthia Lewis, Adrienne Calhoun, and Andrea Skeete. At present, he is married to Mary Joan Martelly and is living a luxurious life. Other than boxing, he is also an author and entrepreneur. The foreman is happily living together with 14 children.
Among the 14 children, the couple has adopted two daughters, Isabella Brandie Lilia and Courtney Isaac in the years 2009 and 2012 respectively.
What is the net worth of George Foreman?
The 80 years aged, George Foreman has quiet a great earning through his professional career as a boxer and also from his business. Foreman has managed to amass a fortune worth million dollars through his several fights and wins. His current estimated net worth is around $340 million as of 2019. His net worth includes all his property, shares and his present earnings.
Foreman also adds few more dollars to his fortune through his several endorsement deals which include Salton as Salton paid him $138 million for the right to use his name. He even earned $4.5 million a month in payouts on each grill sell. Moreover, he made a total of over $200 million from the endorsement, which is more than the money earned from boxing.
How tall is George Foreman?
The 80 years aged, George Foreman has a well maintained athletic body physique. Foreman stands tall with a height of 6ft. 3inch.(1.91m) while his body weighs around 121 kg(267 lbs). Foreman has a dark complexion with bald hair and brown eyes.