Francisco Guillermo Ochoa Magaña, commonly referred to as Memo, is a Mexican professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Liga MX club América and the Mexico national team.
Facts of Guillermo Ochoa
|Full Name:||Guillermo Ochoa|
|Age:||37 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||July 13, 1985|
|Birth Place:||Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico|
|Married Date:||July 08,2017|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Guillermo Ochoa Sánchez|
|Mother's Name:||Natalia Magaña Orozco|
|Height / How tall :||6 ft|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Guillermo Ochoa|
Guillermo Ochoa who is known by the nickname “Memo” is a soccer player who has gained attention due to his brilliance, outstanding talent, and breathtaking saves. His most notable performance was against the Brazil national team in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. He was called up for the Mexico national team for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.
What is Guillermo Ochoa known for?
- A Mexican professional footballer who plays as a goalkeeper for Belgian club Standard Liège and the Mexico national team.
CONCACAF Gold Cup 2019: Goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa saves a penalty to drive Mexico into the semis; Haiti in semi-finals for first time
Goalkeeper Guillermo Ochoa saved a sudden death penalty as Mexico edged past Costa Rica 5-4 on penalties to reach the CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-finals in Houston, Texas on Saturday.
Ochoa stopped Costa Rica’s Keyser Fuller after the teams played a 1-1 draw following extra time in front of 70,788 fans at NRG Stadium.
Mexico will now face Haiti in the semi-finals on Tuesday in Glendale, Arizona.
Costa Rica goalkeeper Leonel Moreira saved Raul Jimenez’s first penalty in the shoot-out, but Randall Leal smashed Costa Rica’s third penalty wide, setting the stage for Ochoa to send Mexico through by stopping Fuller.
Jimenez handed Mexico the lead in the 44th minute, with Bryan Ruiz leveling from the spot for Costa Rica eight minutes later after Joel Campbell was judged to have been brought down by Luis Rodriguez inside the area. Television replays later showed that the foul was outside the box.
Mexico manager Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino will be suspended from the touchlines for the semis against Haiti after he was slapped with his second yellow card of the tournament.
In the other fixture, Haiti one of the biggest surprises of the tournament after winning all its games in the group stage scored three second-half goals to stun former champions Canada 3-2 and advance to the last four for the first time.
Dickens Nazon got the comeback started by scoring in the 50th minute and Herve Bazile brought the sides level from the penalty spot in the 70th, with both goals coming courtesy of some sloppy defensive play by Canadian defender Marcus Godinho.
And six minutes later Wilde-Donald Guerrier sealed the victory for Haiti with a spectacular individual effort, sneaking past the Canadian defense then bouncing the ball twice in the air before tapping it past goalkeeper Milan Borjan.
Jonathan David and Lucas Cavallini scored for Canada, who were guilty of complacency once they had built up their lead.
It was a gut-wrenching loss for the Canadians who won this tournament in 2000 but haven’t made it to the semis since 2007.
Who are the parents of Guillermo Ochoa?
Back to his early life, Guillermo Ochoa was born in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico. He is Mexican by nationality and belongs to white ethnic groups.
He was born to parents named Guillermo Ochoa Sánchez and Natalia Magaña Orozco. He grew up in an athletic environment with full support from his guardian and teammates.
When did Guillermo Ochoa pursue his football career?
- At the age of 18, Guillermo Ochoa made his professional debut with Club America in 2004. Following a season in the 2005 season, Ochoa won his first championship with the team: Clausura 2005. The victory also followed Ochoa and the team’s hands over the 2005 Campeon de Campeones Cup and the 2006 CONCACAF Champions Cup.
- Though Ochoa was offered contracts from many English clubs, he decided to play for Club America till 2011, while he helped the team to win the 2008 InterLiga tournament.
- Ochoa joined the French club Ajaccio on July 4, 2011, on a free transfer and signed a 3-year contract with the club. He made his debut for the club on August 5, 2011, in a 0-2 loss against Toulouse.
- The Mexican goalkeeper played for the club until 2014, when Ajaccio was relegated to Ligue 2 on April 20, 2014. In 3 years with the Ajaccio, Ochoa made a total of 112 appearances.
- On August 1, 2014, Ochoa signed a 3-year deal with Spanish La Liga club Malaga, however, didn’t make an appearance in the first season as Carlos Kameni being manager Javi Gracia’s first-choice goalkeeper.
- Later on March 5, 2016, Ochoa made his debut with Malaga though was transferred to Granada on loan on July 22, that year, and played till 2017. While in Granada, Ochoa conceded 82 goals as Granada was relegated to the Segunda Division after only 4 wins in the season.
- Ochoa signed with Standard Liege on a 2-year contract on July 9, 2017, and won the Belgian Cup: 2017–18 with the team.
- In May 2018, Ochoa was named in the squad for the 2018 World Cup. In Mexico’s opener against Germany, Ochoa made a total of nine saves, notably pushing a goal-bound Toni Kroos free-kick onto the crossbar, and ultimately securing a clean sheet in the 1–0 victory.
Is Guillermo Ochoa married? Who is his wife?
Reflecting the personal life of Guillermo Ochoa, He is married to his longtime girlfriend Mexican model Karla Mora. The couple welcomed their first child, baby girl, Lucciana, in Corsica on February 8, 2013.
On April 1, 2015, the couple welcomed their son, Luciano Ochoa, just after Ochoa’s national team teammate Andres Guardado’s son was born.
Well, Ochoa and Karla got married on July 8, 2017, in Ibiza, after years of togetherness. The couple is reportedly free from rumors and enjoys the blessing of a happy married life, sharing lovely moments on their social media.
Previously in 2006, Ochoa was reported to be dating Mexican actress, singer, and songwriter Dulce Maria, however, without a disclosed reason, they broke up.
How much net worth is Guillermo Ochoa?
As a professional goalkeeper in different clubs, G Guillermo must be accumulated the sum of good money from his career. As per various online sources, his estimated net worth said to be $5 Million at present. He earns $1.5 Million per year from his current club.
The detail of his properties and endorsement deals in not disclosed.
How tall is Guillermo Ochoa?
Observing his body statistics, Guillermo has an athletic body build with a height of 6 feet and weighs 78 Kg. He has brown hair and brown eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.