Kurtis Kiyoshi Suzuki is an American professional baseball catcher for the Los Angeles Angels of Major League Baseball.
Facts of Kurt Suzuki
|Full Name:||Kurt Suzuki|
|Age:||39 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||October 04, 1983|
|Birth Place:||Wailuku, Hawaii, United States|
|Net Worth:||$25 million|
|When did Kurt Suzuki get married ? (married date):||, January 2007|
|Children:||Malia Grace Suzuki, Kai Noah, Elijah|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Warren Suzuki|
|Mother's Name:||Kathleen Suzuki|
|Education:||California State University|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 9 inches|
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kurt Suzuki|
Kurt Suzuki is one of not too many Japanese Americans to have achieved the aim of being a professional pitcher. The Washington Nationals catcher is widely regarded as arguably the best catcher the game of baseball has ever witnessed. He is enjoying the best period of his decade-long professional career since he made his MLB debut in 2007. His catches and impressive throws are some of the reasons why Washington Nationals are at the high this season, going into every game as favorites with an expectation of conquering their oppositions. Let’s know more about the pitcher through this article.
Who are the parents of Kurt Suzuki?
Recalling his early life, Kurt was born as Kurtis Kiyoshi Suzuki in Wailuku, Hawaii to Warren Suzuki and Kathleen Suzuki. As per Kurt’s birth, he is an American native and belongs to the ethnic group of Asian. Additionally, Suzuki was born under the star sign of Libra.
Talking about his education, he attended Henry Perrine Baldwin High School and eventually graduated in 2001. Later, Suzuki California State University and played for the Cal State Fullerton Titans baseball team.
When did Kurt Suzuki begin to start play as a baseballer?
- Talking about his career, Kurt began to play baseball from his college days. His two-out RBI single in the bottom of the seventh inning helped Cal State Fullerton in the 2003 College World Series to capture the 2004 College World Series championship.
- Kurt was drafted in the second round of the 2004 Major League Baseball draft. He was assigned to the Single-A Short Season Vancouver Canadians. Similarly, he batted .297 and committed just one error in 46 games.
- On 9th June 2007, he joined the major league club. He made his debut three days later as a pinch hitter in a game against the Houston Astros. Also, his career’s first grand slam was on 10th September 2007 in the second inning against the Seattle Mariners. Likewise, on 23rd July 2010, he signed a four-year extension with Oakland Athletics of $16.25 million. After being traded he returned to Oakland on 22nd August 2013.
- On 3rd August 2012, he was traded to the Washington Nationals. He platooned with Wilson Ramos during the 2013 season. Similarly, on 12th May 2013, he was ejected for the first time in his MLB career by umpire John Tumpane for arguing a strike three call.
- On 23rd December 2014, he signed with the Minnesota Twins. Similarly, he was named to the 2014 Major League Baseball All-Star Game finishing up the game with Glen Perkins. On 31st July 2014, he agreed on a two-year contract extension. He hit a career-high .288 with 3 home runs and 61 RBI’s.
- On 20th January 2017, he signed a one year contract with Atlanta Braves for $1.5 million. Likewise, he set a career-high in home runs that season. As he hit 19 in 276 at-bats while platooning with Tyler Flowers. Again on 23rd September 2017, they agreed on a one-year extension worth $3.5 million.
- Again on 20th November 2018, he returned to the Washington Nations. He signed a two-year contract with them which was worth $10 million. He batted .264/.324/.486 with 17 home runs and 63 RBIs in 280 at-bats.
- As of 2019, Kurt currently plays for the Washington Nationals of Major League Baseball (MLB). The Athletics initially drafted Kurt as a second-round pick in the 2004 Major League Baseball draft.
Who is Kurt Suzuki married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Kurt was married to his long-term girlfriend Renee Marie Suzuki in January 2007. The couple met for the first time at California State University where his wife was a fellow Titan who played volleyball, representing the women’s team of the University.
Likewise, the couple is a parent of three lovely children, a daughter, and two sons. They are Malia Grace Suzuki, Kai Noah, and Elijah. Moreover, the couple is also involved in Philanthropic work as they have founded the Kurt Suzuki Family Foundation. The foundation is a non-profitable organization which focuses on the scientific research of chronic illnesses and kidney diseases.
How much net worth does Kurt Suzuki own?
As a baseballer, Kurt earns a decent amount of money and popularity in the field of the sports industry. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be more than $25 million as of 2019 which his completely generated from his professional career. However, he received $4 million as an annual salary from his current club. Also, he has collected $37,042,158 as his entire career earnings.
How tall is Kurt Suzuki?
Observing his body statistics, Kurt stands a height of 5 feet 9 inches tall with a weight of around 95 kg. Similarly, he has black color hair and brown color eyes. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. Further, he has an athletic body build.