Mary Cecilia Cain is a professional American middle distance runner from Bronxville, New York. Cain was the 2014 World Junior Champion in the 3000 meter event.
Facts of Mary Cain
|Full Name:||Mary Cain|
|Age:||26 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||May 03, 1996|
|Birth Place:||New York, New York, United States|
|Net Worth:||$100,000 – $1M|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Charles Cain|
|Mother's Name:||Mary E. Cain|
|Education:||University of Portland|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 7 inches|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mary Cain|
Mary Cain is a professional American middle-distance runner from Bronxville, New York. She was the 2014 World Junior Champion in the 3000-meter event. She is the youngest American athlete ever to represent the United States at a World Championships meet after competing in the 2013 World Championships in Athletics in Moscow. To know more interesting facts regarding Mary Cain, keep reading below.
Who are the parents of Mary Cain?
Recalling his early life, Mary Cain was born in New York City to the daughter of Charles and Mary E. Cain as a Mary Cecilia Cain. She has three sisters named Aine, Catherine, and Mairead. She grew up in Bronxville, New York, in Westchester County, north of New York City, and was noticed in the seventh grade for her running ability.
Regarding her education, She graduated from Bronxville High School in 2014. She attended the honors program at the University of Portland in Portland, Oregon while competing as a professional athlete for Nike, Inc.
How mary Cain become a Marathon runner?
- Talking about her career, Mary begins to run from her school days. She winning numerous state titles, as well as two national titles while still a Bronxville athlete.
- In 2010, she was the NYS Class C Cross Country Champion; in 2011, she was both NYS Class C and NYS Federation Champion. She ran the 800 meters at the 2012 United States Olympic Trials and placed 18th, and also ran at the 2012 World Junior Championships in Athletics, where she broke the American high school girl’s outdoor record in the 1500 m with a 4:11.01, surpassing the record of Jordan Hasay in the 2008 United States Olympic Trials by over 3 seconds. The effort qualified her to run in the World Championships. She had taken second in the same event the year before.
- In her first IAAF Diamond League event in June 2013, Cain set an American junior and high school record in the 800 meters with a time of 1:59.51, surpassing Kim Gallagher’s records set in 1982. With her time, she became the first American youth, junior or high school female to break the 2-minute barrier.
- At the 2013 World Championships, Cain qualified for the 1500 meters final by placing 13th in the heats with a time of 4:08.21, and 5th in the semifinals with a time of 4:05.21. In qualifying for the final, she became the youngest athlete ever to run in 1500 meters final in World Championships history.
- In the same year of December, she was named “Youth Athlete of the Year” by USATF. She was also Track and Field News “High School Athlete of the Year.”
- On January 16, 2014, Cain set a new World Junior Indoor Record in the 1000 meters, running 2:39.25 at the Boston University Multi-Team Meet. Her time knocked about a second off of Diana Richburg’s hand-timed record from 1982. She won a US Junior Outdoor title in Eugene, Oregon at the USATF Junior Outdoor Championships in the 3000 meters on July 5 running 9:15.81 and qualified for the 2014 World Junior Championships in Athletics, in which she won the Gold Medal.
- She earned a 1500 roster spot on Team USA at the 2016 NACAC Under-23 Championships in Athletics at the 2016 US Olympic Trials (track and field) in Eugene, Oregon. Cain earned a silver medal at the 2016 NACAC Under-23 Championships in Athletics in San Salvador, El Salvador in 1500 meters with a time of 4:16.86.
- In 2019, the New York Times published a video op-ed from Cain in which she stated that the deterioration of her running performance was due to the poor coaching practices within the Nike Oregon Project.
Is Mary Cain married or not?
Reflecting on her personal life, Mary was unmarried but is in a relationship with a Marathon runner name Jake. They have been dating since April 2018. The couple enjoying their love life happily without rumors of separation and extra affairs.
How much net worth does Mary Cain own?
As a Marathon runner, Mary earns a decent amount of money as a prize and fame as well in the field of the marathon. As per online sites, her estimated net worth and salary is yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Mary Cain?
Observing her body physics, Mary stands a height of 5 feet 7 inches and her weight is unknown. She has a pair of amber eyes and brown hair color. Further, her other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.