Olga Nawoja Tokarczuk is a Polish writer, activist, and public intellectual who has been described in Poland as one of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful authors of her generation.
Facts of Olga Tokarczuk
|Full Name:||Olga Tokarczuk|
|Age:||61 years 8 months|
|Birth Date:||January 29, 1962|
|Birth Place:||Sulechow, Poland|
|Net Worth:||$2 Million|
|Children:||Zbigniew Fingas, Zbyszko Fingas|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Education:||University of Warsaw|
|Hair Color:||Dark brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Olga Tokarczuk|
“The best conversations are with yourself. At least there's no risk of a misunderstanding.”
“The prison is not outside, but inside each of us. Perhaps we simply don't know how to live without it.”
“Everything will pass. The wise Man knows this from the start, and has no regrets.”
Olga Tokarczuk is a Polish writer, activist, and renowned intellectual who has been awarded the 2018 Nobel POlga Tokarczukrice in Literature. Olga is the first Polish writer who has ever won the “Man Booker International Prize” for her novel Flights in 2018. Tokarczuk is popularly known as one of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful authors of her generation.
What is Olga Tokarczuk Famous for?
- Famous as the recipient of the 2018 Nobel Price in Literature.
When and Where was Olga Tokarczuk Born?
Olga Tokarczuk was born on January 29, 1962, in Sulechow, Poland. Her birth name is Olga Nawoja Tokarczuk. Her nationality is Polish. Olga belongs to White ethnicity while Aquarius is her zodiac sign.
Olga’s parents were both teachers of Poland. Olga was raised in her hometown where she attended the University of Warsaw and got graduated and trained as a psychologist. Soon after she got graduated in 1985, she moved first to Wroclaw and later to Walbrzych.
During her college days, she volunteered in an asylum for adolescents with behavioral problems and then she began practicing as a therapist.
When Did Olga Tokarczuk Start Writing Books: Awards and Honors?
- Soon after Olga graduated she started showing interest in literature and then she published her first book entitled “Miasta w lustrach” in 1989.
- In 1993, Olga wrote her first-ever novel entitled “The Journey of the Book-People”. The book was awarded the “Polish Publisher’s Prize” for the best debut in the year.
- In 1995, Olga published her second novel titled “E.E.” after a young woman Erna Eltzer.
- Olga’s breakthrough career came with her third novel titled “Primeval and Other Times” in 1996 which was highly successful.
- The novel established Tokarczuk’s international reputation as one of the most important representatives of Polish literature in her generation.
- After then, Olga wrote texts, essays and books including “The Wardrobe”(1997), “House of Day, House of Night”(1998), “The Doll and the Pearl”(2000), “Playing on Many Drums”(2001), “The Last Stories”(2004).
- In 2008, Olga published her book entitled “Flights” which won the “Reader Prize” and the “Jury Prize of the 2008 Nike Award”.
- In 2009, Olga published her next novel titled “Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead”.
- In 2014, Tokarczuk published an epic novel “The Books of Jacob” which earned her a Nike Award.
- In 2017, her novel “Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead” was the basis of the crime film, “Spoor” which won the Alfred Bauer Prize(Silver Bear) at the 67th Berlin International Film Festival.
- In 2019, the same novel, “Drive Your Plow Over the Bones of the Dead” was shortlisted for the Man Booker International Prize.
- Olga Tokarczuk won the 2015 Bruckepreis and the German-Polish International Bridge Prize.
- In 2018, Olga became the first Polish writer to win the Man Booker International Prize for “Flights”.
- Tokarczuk won the “Kulturhuset International Literary Prize” for her book, “The Books of Jacob” in 2015.
- In 2019, Olga’s “The Books of Jacob” translated by Maryla Laurent won “Prix Laure Bataillon”.
- In 2019, Tokarczuk was awarded the “2018 Nobel Prize for Literature” for her narrative imagination that represents the crossing of boundaries as a form of life.
How Much Does Olga Tokarczuk Earn?
The novelist, Olga Tokarczuk has quiet a good earning through her career as a writer, via her books and novels. Olga has not disclosed her net worth yet but it must be enough for her living.
Olga is currently dating Grzegorz Zegadlo, a translator. Olga was married to her ex-husband with whom she had a boy.
How Does Olga Tokarczuk look like?
The 57 years old lady, Olga Tokarczuk has a maintained slim body physique. Olga has a distinguished hairstyle called a plica Polonica, or Polish tangle which gives her an identity of who she is. Olga has a fair complexion with brown hair and moss green eyes.