Ronan Farrow is an American, journalist, a human rights lawyer, and activist. He was a UNICEF spokesperson for eight years, helping in fundraising and campaigning for the rights of women and children unwittingly involved in the Darfur region of Sudan.
Facts of Ronan Farrow
|Full Name:||Ronan Farrow|
|Age:||34 years 7 months|
|Birth Date:||December 19, 1987|
|Birth Place:||New York, New York, United States|
|Net Worth:||$12 million|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||Yes|
|Father's Name:||Woody Allen|
|Mother's Name:||Mia Farrow|
|Height / How tall :||5 feet 10|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo, Aquarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Ronan Farrow|
Ronan Farrow is an American, journalist, a human rights lawyer, and activist. He was a UNICEF spokesperson for eight years, helping in fundraising and campaigning for the rights of women and children unwittingly involved in the Darfur region of Sudan. He served as a foreign policy advisor under the first government of Barack Obama. He established the State Department’s ‘Office of Global Youth Issues’ after he was appointed as a ‘Special Advisor’ to Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State in the Obama administration.
As a journalist, he has contributed to several mainstream newspapers including ‘The Wall Street Journal’, ‘The Los Angeles Times’, and ‘The New York Times’ on foreign policy matters and human rights. He has also hosted several shows and appeared as an expert commentator on popular TV networks. Ronan has won several awards, chiefly for his journalistic forays and as an activist, including the ‘Refugees International’s McCall-Pierpaoli Humanitarian Award’ and the ‘Cronkite Award’. to know more about him, keep reading below.
Who are the parents of Ronan Farrow?
Recalling his early life, Ronan was born in New York City to celebrity parents Woody Allen, a renowned film director and producer, and actress Mia Farrow. He is the only biological offspring amongst all the issues of his parents.
Hailed as a child prodigy and boy genius, he went to Bard’s College in Simon’s Rock when he was just 11 years old and earned a degree at 15. He got an opportunity to study law at Yale Law School as a 16-year old teen and soon after went to Oxford University to study international relations on a Rhodes scholarship. His law degree made him eligible to become a New York bar member.
What is the profession of Ronan Farrow?
- During his school days, he was appointed spokesman for Youth by UNICEF and served in that position from 2001 to 2009. As a spokesperson, he visited Darfur in Sudan, advocating for the rights of women and children, unsuspectingly embroiled in the civil war.
- He also accompanied his mother, Mia Farrow, a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador, on trips to Sudan’s Darfur region, to press for the security of Darfuri refugees. He was apprenticed to ‘Davis Pollock & Wardwell’ a law firm and at the office of United States House Committee on Foreign Affairs while he was at Yale.
- He served as a ‘Special Adviser for Humanitarian and NGO affairs’ under the bureau of the ‘Special Representative for Pakistan and Afghanistan’ in the Obama government from 2009. From 2009-11, he supervised the US Government’s rapport with NGOs and civil society in Pakistan and Afghanistan.
- The Secretary of State in the Obama administration, Ms. Hillary Clinton, appointed Farrow as her Special Advisor and Director of Global Youth Issues under the State Department office. Hillary had appointed a multiyear grouping on an ad-hoc basis for assessing the country’s social and economic guidelines on youth issues and the bureau was instituted for streamlining the tasks.
- He was appointed as the co-chairman of the task force for global youth issues starting from 2010 along with David Barth, a veteran USAID (United States Agency for International Development). Ronan’s principal responsibility as a special advisor was to frame guidelines for youth programs with the overarching objective of making the young more proactive.
- He served as Special Advisor for 2 years from 2010 to 2012 and thereafter the onus of continuing with the policy framework fell upon the new incumbent.
- After his stint as an advisor in the federal government was over, he left for Oxford University armed with a Rhodes scholarship for carrying out doctoral research on international relations. However, he came to the US without completing the dissertation.
- As a journalist, he has authored op-eds, essays, and reports for several newspapers and magazines. He has written pieces for the ‘Los Angeles Times’, ‘The Wall Street Journal’, ‘The Guardian’, ‘Foreign Policy’ and ‘The Atlantic’ magazines.
- Ronan Farrow completed writing a book, ‘Pandora’s Box: How American Military Aid Creates America’s Enemies’, in 2013 that was published by Penguin Press in 2015. Ronan presented a TV news series ‘Ronan Farrow Daily’ broadcasted on MSNBC from 2014 to 2015.
- He has also hosted many other TV programs and shows aired on NBC, including ‘Today Show’, ‘Morning Joe’, and ‘Nightly News’. Ronan had done a documentary on alleged sexual escapades of Harvey Weinstein, a movie producer that NBC ultimately did not telecast. Nevertheless, he wrote a detailed investigative report that was published by ‘The New Yorker’ in 2017.
- On September 14, 2018, Farrow and Jane Mayer published information pertaining to an allegation of sexual assault by the United States Supreme Court nominee, Brett Kavanaugh.
- In early 2019, Farrow said he and another journalist received demands from American Media, Inc. that sought to extort or blackmail him.
What are the achievements of Ronan Farrow?
- Ronan Farrow received the Refugees International’s McCall-PierPaoli Humanitarian Award in 2008 for his ‘extraordinary service to refugees and displaced people’.
- In 2012, Forbes magazine in its section on “30 under 30” Most Influential People, placed him on the top in ‘Law and Policy’ category. The Dominican University of California awarded him an honorary Doctorate in 2012.
- He won the 3rd Cronkite Award from ‘Reach the World’ in 2014 for “Excellence in Exploration and Journalism”. The award was given to him for his contributions as a UNICEF Spokesperson for Youth since 2001.
Is Ronan Farrow dating someone?
Reflecting on his personal life, Ronan Farrow has been in and out of relationships with numerous women to date. It was once reported that he had dated, Jemima Khan, daughter of James Goldsmith, an Anglo-French tycoon and politician, and ex-wife of the Pakistani cricketer, Imran Khan.
Similarly, Ronan Farrow is rumored to have dated Tory Burch, an American businesswoman, and the two were spotted in public on numerous occasions. He also romanced Jon Lovett who used to be Obama Barack’s speechwriter.
How much net worth does Ronan Farrow own?
From his multiple careers, Ronan earns the sum of a good amount of money and fame in the field of social media as a journalist, human rights lawyer, and activist. As per online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $12 million and his salary is somewhere around $3 million as of 2019.
How tall is Ronan Farrow?
Observing his body statistics, Ronan stands a height of 5 feet 10 inches and weighs around 60 Kg. Similarly, he has a pair of brown eyes and blonde hair color. Further, he has an average body build with the body measures of 40-30-37 inches and his biceps size is 14.5 inches.