Facts of Yaya Toure
|Full Name:||Yaya Toure|
|Age:||40 years 0 months|
|Birth Date:||May 13, 1983|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Virgo, Cancer, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Yaya Toure|
Yaya Toure is an Ivorian professional footballer who currently plays as a midfielder for Qingdao Huanghai of the Chinese Super League. He started his professional career at ASEC Mimosas in Ivory Coast, where he made his debut at the age of 18. His performances drew international attention.
Before moving to Barcelona in 2007, he played for Beveren, Metalurh Donetsk, Olympiacos, and Monaco. He participated in over 100 games for the club and was a member of the historic 2009 Barcelona squad that won six trophies in a single season. Let’s take a closer look at him in this post.
What is Yaya Touré’s claim to fame?
- A professional footballer from Ivory Coast.
Yaya Touré was born on what date?
Toure was born in the city of Bouake in the Ivory Coast in the year 1983. He is of Ivorian descent and a member of the black ethnic community. His zodiac sign is Taurus, and he hasn’t said what he believes.
Mory Toure is his father’s name, and his mother’s name has yet to be revealed. Kolo Toure, Ibrahim Toure, and Aicha Toure are his three siblings. Furthermore, no information about his education has been published.
When did Yaya Toure start playing sports?
- On the advice of his long-time mentor, Patrick van Reijendam, Toure entered the ASEC Mimosas youth academy in 1996. Jean-Marc Guillou was a leading figure in the ASEC academy.
- Guillou made a large investment in the Belgian club Beveren in 2001, with the aim of using the team to showcase Ivorian players in a European league. He moved to Beveren in 2001, joining a slew of ASEC players who did so at the time. He was one of 14 Ivorians in the Beveren squad in 2003.
- In 2005, he joined Olympiacos. His older brother referred to him as the “new Patrick Vieira.” Touré was a key player for Olympiacos as they won the double that season. His results in Greece were excellent, and he drew the attention of a variety of clubs.
- He was signed by French Ligue 1 side Monaco in August 2006 after representing Ivory Coast at the 2006 World Cup. He did, however, have a tense relationship with the current boss, László Bölöni, alleging that Bölöni declined to play him in his preferred midfield role. With Monaco languishing in second-last place in the league table, Bölöni was quickly fired.
- He joined Spanish club Barcelona for €10 million (£6.7 million) in August 2007 and made his official debut against Racing de Santander in the La Liga season opener.
- In the 2007-08 UEFA Champions League quarter-final, he made his debut for Barça against Schalke 04, winning a 2-0 aggregate win and a spot in the semi-final.
- Sergio Busquets was preferred in the defensive position of Barcelona’s midfield trio during the early stages of the 2008-09 season by newly appointed manager Pep Guardiola.
- Due to injuries and suspensions of first-choice defenders, he was forced to play at center back in the 2009 Champions League Final, despite having only played there twice previously for Barcelona.
- Barcelona announced in late June 2010 that he would be able to leave the club in the summer.
- He scored his third goal against Wolverhampton Wanderers in January 2011, making up 90 yards to grab onto the ball and shoot it past the goalkeeper, with Manchester City eventually winning 4–3.
- Manchester City started the 2011–12 season strongly, leading the table for the majority of the season, with Touré playing a key role in midfield. He scored in the FA Group Shield in a 3–2 victory over Chelsea at Aston Villa’s stadium, Villa Park, to kick off the 2012–13 season.
- With a free kick, he scored his first goal of the 2013-14 season as City beat Newcastle United 4-0 in their Premier League opener. He scored a similar free-kick against Hull City in City’s second home match of the season.
- He scored in Manchester City’s 3-0 win over West Bromwich Albion at The Hawthorns in their 2015-16 Premier League season opener on August 10, 2015.
- On the 4th of May 2018, he revealed that he will be leaving Manchester City at the end of the 2017-18 season. In a 3–1 victory over Brighton & Hove Albion F.C., he made his last appearance.
- On September 2, 2018, he re-signed with Olympiacos of the Greek Superleague. His contract with Olympiacos was mutually terminated in December 2018.
- He announced his retirement from professional football on May 10th, 2019, with expects to pursue a coaching career. Later, he explained that he was training for coaching badges but that he was also in contention to play for a few more years.
- He joined Qingdao Huanghai of China League One on July 3, 2019.
Is Yaya Toure a national player?
- Since his debut in 2004, Toure has been a regular member of the Ivory Coast national team. After Didier Drogba’s retirement in 2014, he was appointed captain of the team. In a 0-0 draw with Cameroon in February 2015, he received his 100th international cap.
- He featured in all three of Les Éléphants’ matches at their first-ever World Cup in 2006. He played in every match for the Ivory Coast in the 2010 tournament, scoring the opening goal in a 3-0 victory over North Korea. Touré made his third World Cup appearance in 2014, captaining the team in their opening match, a 2-1 win over Japan, for which he was named FIFA’s Man of the Match.
- In 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, and 2015, he represented the Ivory Coast in six Africa Cup of Nations tournaments, finishing as runners-up in 2006 and 2012 and winners in 2015.
- In 2008, 2012, and 2015, he was named to the CAF’s team of the tournament. He scored the opening goal in the Ivory Coast’s 3-1 semi-final victory over the Democratic Republic of Congo on February 4, 2015, to qualify Les Éléphants for their third Africa Cup of Nations Final in nine years.
- On February 8th, he captained the Ivory Coast to their first AFCON victory since 1992, defeating Ghana in a penalty shootout at the Estadio de Bata in Equatorial Guinea.
- He announced his retirement from international football on September 20, 2016. In March 2018, he returned to the national team setup.
Is Yaya Toure single or married?
Toure hasn’t married yet, but his present marital status is being investigated. There is no proof that he is in a relationship, according to any source. As a result, he prefers to keep his profile low and live as an average guy. If you have any additional details about him, please leave a comment below.
Yaya Touré’s net worth
Toure receives a fair amount of money and fame as a professional footballer in the sports industry. His total net worth is $70.8 million, according to online sources, and his current salary is about $27.6 million. His finances, on the other hand, have yet to be revealed.
Yaya Touré’s height
Tours stand 6 feet 2 inches tall and weigh about 78 kilograms. He, too, has an athletic body with black eyes and a dark hair tone. In addition, his body dimensions are 41-34-15 inches (Chest, Waist, and Biceps).