Alan Bennett Krueger was an American economist who was the James Madison Professor of Political Economy at Princeton University and Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research.
Facts of Alan Krueger
|Full Name:||Alan Krueger|
|Birth Date:||September 17, 1960|
|Death Date:||March 16, 2019|
|Birth Place:||Livingston, New Jersey, USA|
|Net Worth:||$1 million|
|Married Date:||March 16, 2019|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Height / How tall :||5.8 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Alan Krueger|
Alan Bennett Krueger was an American economist who was the James Madison Professor of Political Economy at Princeton University and Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research. He was nominated by President Barack Obama for Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy from May 2009 to October 2010. In 2011, he was nominated by Obama as chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers and served in that office from November 2012 to August 2013.
What is Alan Krueger known for?
- An American author, economist, and Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- His work on the Environmental Kuznets Curve.
Economic advisor to Obama and Clinton; Alan Krueger dies at 58
Alan Krueger, an economic adviser to U.S. Presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, died over the weekend at the age of 58, the Princeton University. He served as chief economist for the U.S. Department of Labor during the Clinton administration and chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers during Obama’s time in office. “Alan was recognized as a true leader in his field, known and admired for both his research and teaching,” Princeton University said in a statement.
What is the reason behind Alan Krueger’s death?
Krueger was found dead at his home in Princeton on March 16, 2019. Likewise, his family stated the cause of death was suicide. Moreover, in a statement, President Obama declared: “Alan was someone who was deeper than numbers on a screen and charts on a page,” adding. Similarly, “He saw economic policy not as a matter of abstract theories, but as a way to make people’s lives better.”
Who are the parents of Alan Krueger?
Back to his early life, Alan Krueger was born in Livingston, New Jersey, the USA. His birth name is Alan Bennett Krueger. His nationality is American and belongs to the white ethnic group. He grew up in a Jewish family. Information regarding his father, mother, and siblings are yet to be revealed. His star sign is Virgo. His religion is Jewish.
Concerning his education, he is graduated from Livingston High School in 1979. He received his B.S. from the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations (with honors), and he received his A.M. and Ph.D. in Economics from Harvard University in 1985 and 1987, respectively.
When did Alan Krueger pursue his career as an Economist?
- Talking about his career, Krueger is credited for developing and applying the method of natural experiments to study the effect of education on earnings, the minimum wage on employment, and other issues.
- While developing his experiment, Krueger compared restaurant jobs in New Jersey, which raised its minimum wage, to restaurant jobs in Pennsylvania, which did not, and found that restaurant employment in New Jersey increased, while it decreased in Pennsylvania. The results reinvigorated the academic debate on the employment effects of minimum wages and spawned a large and often conflicted literature.
- Inequality in America: What Role for Human Capital Policies?, a Selected Essays book written by him and (with James Heckman) reviewed the available research relating to positive externalities accruing to society from increased government investment in educating the children of the poor.
- In his book, What Makes a Terrorist: Economics and the Roots of Terrorism (2007), he wrote that in contrast to the assumption that terrorists come from impoverished, uneducated environments, terrorists often come from middle-class, college-educated backgrounds.
- Krueger served as Chief Economist at the United States Department of Labor from 1994-95. He received the Kershaw Prize, Mahalanobis Prize, and IZA Prize (with David Card), and was a fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, Society of Labor Economists, Econometric Society, and American Academy of Political and Social Science. He was a member of the Executive and Supervisory Committee (ESC)] of CERGE-EI, an academic institution located in Prague, Czech Republic.
- He also published several books on issues related to education, labor markets, and income distribution. He was also known for his work on the Environmental Kuznets Curve. Between 2000 and 2006 he wrote for The New York Times Economic Scene column.
- On March 7th, 2009, Krueger was nominated by President Barack Obama to be Assistant Secretary of the Treasury for Economic Policy. He announced his resignation from the Treasury Department, to return to Princeton University in October 2010. He was among the 50 highest ranked economists in the world according to IDEAS/RePEc. On August 29th, 2011, he was nominated by Obama to be chair of the White House Council of Economic Advisers, and on November 3rd, 2011, the Senate unanimously confirmed his nomination.
- Krueger signed a 2018 amici curiae brief that expressed support for Harvard University in the Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard lawsuit.
Who is the wife of Alan Krueger?
Reflecting on his personal life, Alan was a married person. He was married to Lisa Simon. The couple was also blessed with two children named Benjamin and Sydney. Before his death, the couple was living a happy life. His sexual orientation is Straight.
According to some online sources, Lisa Krueger works as a senior consultant at ITHAKA in Princeton, New Jersey as from March 2015 to date. Like her husband, she served as an Assistant Director, Center for Economic Policy Studies at Princeton University from 1991 to 1994.
How much net worth is Alan Krueger owns?
The net worth of this famous economist will be surely in millions at the time of his death. There is no exact information regarding his net worth and salary. That means, his net worth and salary yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
How tall is Alan Krueger?
Before his death, Alan stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 70 Kg. Similarly, He has a pair of black eyes and white hair color. Further, He used 10 (UK) size of the shoe.
- 1 What is Alan Krueger known for?
- 2 Economic advisor to Obama and Clinton; Alan Krueger dies at 58
- 3 What is the reason behind Alan Krueger’s death?
- 4 Who are the parents of Alan Krueger?
- 5 When did Alan Krueger pursue his career as an Economist?
- 6 Who is the wife of Alan Krueger?
- 7 How much net worth is Alan Krueger owns?
- 8 How tall is Alan Krueger?