Facts of Alvaro Morata
|Full Name:||Alvaro Morata|
|Age:||29 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||October 23, 1992|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Alvaro Morata|
Alvaro Borja Morata Martin shortly named as Alvaro Morata is a professional Spanish footballer who is playing for the current team, Serie A club Juventus, on loan from La Liga club Atletico Madrid, and the Spain national team. His playing position is a striker. He began his career at Real Madrid. On 15th August 2010, he debuted for Real Madrid Castilla in a friendly match against AD Alcorcon in which he scored a goal. He had his debut for Real Madrid’s first team on 12th December 2010, in a La Liga win over Real Zaragoza. He entered the game in the 88th minute after he substituted Angel Di Maria. On 19th July 2014, he shifted to the Italian Serie A club Juventus F.C. He signed a five-year contract for a total price of 20 million euros. His deal included a buy-back clause in case Real Madrid wanted him back in the future. He played his first official Serie A match on 13th September 2014, in a victory over Udinese Calcio. For the first time, he performed as a part of the Spanish U-21 national team at the 2013 European Championship in Israel. He debuted for the senior national team of Spain on 15th November 2014, in a match against Belarus. He has also played for the U-19 national team of Spain at the Japan International Tournament. He was also called for the 2011 UEFA European U-19 Championship in Romania. In January 2019, he moved to Atletico Madrid on loan and joined the club permanently on 1st July 2020. He then moved back to Juventus on loan in the year 2020. His shirt number is 9 for Juventus.
Alvaro Morata is a Bargain for Juventus
Four goals in three Champions League games. Signed on loan from Atletico Madrid for 10 million euros ($12 million), Alvaro Morata is turning into a bargain buy. The Bianconeri turned to him in September only after failing to sign Luis Suarez, Edin Dzeko, and Arkadiusz Milik. With the return of Paulo Dybala from injury and Cristiano Ronaldo from covid-19 self-isolation, Juventus now has an abundance of wealth in their attack. After scoring the opening two goals in Juventus 4-1 win at Ferencvaros on Wednesday, Morata said, I’ve got the motivation that every player needs. I feel wanted and desired and I’ve got everything I need here. Morata, however, was an appealing backup plan because he won two Serie A titles with Juventus in 2015 and 2016 and played with new coach Andrea Pirlo for part of that stint. (Ronaldo) can play behind the two strikers, next to Morata like in this match, a bit behind him, Pirlo said. He moved well, and they liaised well when they needed to. Morata also had already teamed with Ronaldo at Real Madrid. The loan deal gives Juventus the option to purchase Morata’s full rights by the end of the season for an additional 45 million euros ($53 million); or extend the loan for another season for another 10 million euros, after which Juventus can purchase his full rights for 35 million euros ($41 million).
- Being a professional footballer for Juventus as a striker.
- For his great movement on the football pitch, finishing skills, and for being a very gifted striker often compared to the former Spanish player Fernando Morientes.
What is the Birthplace of Alvaro Morata?
With the birth name/real name of Alvaro Borja Morata Martin, he took birth on 23rd October 1992 in Madrid, Spain with the Zodiac sign of Scorpio. He was born to his parents; Alfonso Morata (father) and Susana Martin Ramos (mother). His father is heavily involved in transfer negotiations alongside Morata’s agent, Juanma Lopez. He also has a sibling; sister named Marta Abril Morata Martin. He holds Spanish nationality and his ethnicity is Spanish-White. His race is White. He is Christian by religion. As of 2020, he celebrated his 28th birthday. Details about his education is still a mystery. He began his youth career with Atlético Madrid in 2005.
For which football team Alvaro Morata is playing for?
- Alvaro Morata’s football career began by signing with Real Madrid in the year 2008 from Getafe after Atletico Madrid. There, he made his appearance for Real Madrid C as a junior.
- Winning two youth titles and scoring 34 goals until July 2010, he was promoted to Real Madrid Castilla. For the team, he made his debut match on 15th August 2010 against Alcoron in a friendly match. He scored his first goal against Alcala on 31st October.
- He scored the first hat-trick of his career, in a 7-1 victory against Deportivo Fabril on 13th February 2011 and then finished his first season as a senior with 14 league goals.
- He scored his first competitive goal with Real’s first team on 11th November 2012 against Levante. He later played the full 90 minutes of El Clásico against Barcelona, assisting Karim Benzema to score the opener in an eventual 2-1 home win on 2nd March 2013.
- He scored his first goal in the UEFA Champions League, the third goal in a 3-1 win over Schalke 04 at the Santiago Bernabeu in the round of 16 on 18th March 2014. He also featured in the club’s victory in the UEFA Champions League Final against Atletico Madrid, playing the last ten minutes of regular time and extra time after replacing Benzema.
- Juventus announced on 19th July 2014 stating that they had reached an agreement for the fee of €20 million for the transfer of Morata, who signed a five-year deal, with Real Madrid having the option to buy him back in the future.
- Joining the team, he made his debut in Serie A on 13 September against Udinese. Against Borussia Dortmund in the UEFA Champions League round of 16, he scored the winner in the 43rd minute of the first leg; he also started and found the net in the return match, helping Juve to a 3-0 win at the Westfalenstadio.
- He won a penalty in the first leg of the Champions League quarter-final against Monaco, which was converted by Arturo Vidal in a 1-0 home win. He was later ruled out due to injury in early August 2015 for a month because of a soleus muscle tear in his left calf during training and was sidelined for the 2015 Supercoppa Italiana.
- Later, he signed a contract extension until 2020 on 10th December 2015 with the club, Juventus. But on 21st June 2016, Real Madrid exercised their buy-back clause to re-sign him from Juventus for €30 million. Playing with real Madrid, his first goal came in a 2-1 home win over Celta on 27 August.
- Furthermore, he added three goals in nine appearances in the UEFA Champions League, which Real Madrid won for the second successive year.
- Chelsea announced that they had agreed on terms with Real Madrid for the transfer of Morata, for a reported club-record fee of around £60 million on 19th July 2017. Passing the medical test, he became the official player for Chelsea. He made his competitive debut in the 2017 FA Community Shield match against Arsenal.
- On 23rd September, he scored his first hat-trick for Chelsea in a 4-0 away win against Stoke City; this made him the 17th Chelsea player to score a hat-trick in the Premier League. He finished his first year with 15 goals in all competitions, and the Blues finished fifth in the league table.
- Starting off the season 2018-2019, he scored the second goal in a 3-2 home victory against Arsenal on 18th August 2018.
- He scored the winner in a 1-0 win over MOL Vidi in the group stage of the UEFA Europa League on 4th October. A month later, he scored twice to help beat Crystal Palace 3-1 in a league fixture at home.
- Later, he returned to Atletico Madrid after 12 years, joining the club on an 18-month loan deal on 27th January 2019. He made his league debut on 3 February, in a 0-1 away loss against Real Betis.
- Surprisingly, on 6th July 2019, Atletico Madrid confirmed the permanent signing of Morata from Chelsea and he would officially join the club on 1st July 2020, for a fee of around £58 million. He scored the only goal in Atlético Madrid’s La Liga opener win against Getafe on 18th August 2019.
- On 22nd October, he scored his first Champions League goal for Atletico by heading home Renan Lodi’s cross for the only goal of the game in a 1-0 win at home against German side Bayer Leverkusen.
- He again returned to Juventus on 22nd September 2020, on a one-year loan worth €10 million, with an option for purchase at €45 million. He made his first appearance for the club since his return on 27 September, in a 2-2 away draw against Roma in Serie A. He scored his first goal for the club since his return on 17th October, in a 1-1 away draw to Crotone.
- Recently, on 28th October, he had three goals disallowed for offside against Barcelona in a Champions League group stage game, which Juventus lost 2-0 at home.
How was the International Career of Alvaro Morata?
- Moving towards his international career, Morata was initially chosen to the Spain under-17 team for the 2009 U-17 World Cup in Nigeria, playing four matches and scoring two goals as Spain finished third.
- What’s more, he has also represented the under-19s at the Japan International Tournament, helping Spain finish second behind the hosts. Additionally, he was selected by Spain for the 2011 UEFA European Under-19 Championship in Romania, helping the national team win the tournament with six goals, the highest in the competition.
- He then made his debut with the under-21s at the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship in Israel, scoring the only goal in each of the first two group games against Russia and Germany, in the 82nd and 86th minutes respectively.
- He was called up to manager Vicente del Bosque’s senior squad for matches against Belarus and Germany on 7th November 2014. On 27th March 2015, he scored his first senior international goal, the only goal in a victory over Ukraine in Seville.
- On 2nd September 2017, coming off the bench in the 77th minute, he scored once to help the hosts defeat Italy 3-0 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup qualifiers. He was left out of Spain’s World Cup finals squad after a poor club season on 21st May 2018.
Awards, Achievements, and Honours of Alvaro Morata
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2011
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Team of the Tournament: 2013
- UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season: 2014-15
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship Golden Boot: 2011
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship Golden Boot: 2013
Real Madrid Castilla
- Segunda Division B: 2011-12
- UEFA Champions League: 2013-14, 2016-17
- UEFA Super Cup: 2016
- FIFA Club World Cup: 2016
- La Liga: 2011-12, 2016-17
- Copa del Rey: 2010-11, 2013-14
- Serie A: 2014-15, 2015-16
- Coppa Italia: 2014-15, 2015-16
- Supercoppa Italiana: 2015
- UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2014-15
- FA Cup: 2017-18
- FIFA U-17 World Cup third-place: 2009
- UEFA European Under-19 Championship: 2011
- UEFA European Under-21 Championship: 2013
Who is Alvaro Morata’s Wife?
Regarding his marital status, Alvaro is a married man. On 17th June 2017, he married his beautiful girlfriend, turned wife, Alice Campello in Venice, Italy. By profession, Alice is an Italian Model. They began their affairs in 2016 and their love bond converted them to husband and wife. The duo got engaged on 10th December 2016. Alvaro and Alice were also blessed with twins; Alessandro and Leonardo (sons) in July 2018. On 29th September 2020, the couple’s third son, Edoardo, was born. He is enjoying his present life a lot with his wife and kids. He is straight by sexual orientation.
Previously, his name was linked with Maria Pombo as he dated her from the year 2014 to 2015. Maria Pombo is also a Spanish model by profession.
What is the Net Worth of Alvaro Morata?
Alvaro Morata is a successful footballer who has accumulated a huge amount of money by playing for different clubs. As of 2020, the net worth of Alvaro Morata is estimated to have $23 Million whereas his net worth as of 2017 was $10 million. Recently, he returned to Juventus on 22 September 2020, on a one-year loan worth €10 million, with an option for purchase at €45 million. As of 2017, he was receiving an annual salary of £5.2 million and he was receiving a salary of 5.2 Million Euro as of 2019. His major source of income and earnings comes from a football career and he is satisfied with his earnings. Apart from his earnings from football he too earns some amounts from his endorsing deals. He signed a sponsorship contract with the sportswear company Adidas. Morata has also appeared in a TV advert for the football game Pro Evolution Soccer 2013 and 2016. Regarding his cars, he owns a Bentley, Mercedes, Chevrolet, Ferrari. He has also bought a house in London following his move to Chelsea. He is living a luxurious lifestyle from his earnings.
How tall is Alvaro Morata?
Alvaro Morata is a very cool and handsome man. His body build is athletic. He stands tall at the height of 6 ft 3 in and his balanced bodyweight consists of 85 Kg or 187 lbs. He has a pair of dark brown eye color and his hair color is also the same i.e dark brown. He has very soft hair with a light stubble beard. His chest size is 40 in, arms size is 14.5 in and waist size is 34 in. In March 2014, Morata shaved off all of his hair in solidarity with sick children, saying “kids with cancer wanted to have my haircut but they couldn’t, so I gave myself theirs”.
- 1 Alvaro Morata is a Bargain for Juventus
- 2 Famous For
- 3 What is the Birthplace of Alvaro Morata?
- 4 For which football team Alvaro Morata is playing for?
- 5 How was the International Career of Alvaro Morata?
- 6 Awards, Achievements, and Honours of Alvaro Morata
- 7 Who is Alvaro Morata’s Wife?
- 8 What is the Net Worth of Alvaro Morata?
- 9 How tall is Alvaro Morata?