Facts of Barry Diller
|Full Name:||Barry Diller|
|Age:||81 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||February 02, 1942|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Aquarius, Gemini, Sagittarius|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Barry Diller|
Barry Diller is an American business entrepreneur and media mogul who has amassed a great fortune by establishing networks that soon boomed in business. He also made investments to other companies, furthering his ventures. Let’s know more about him through this article.
What is Barry Diller famous for?
- An American businessman.
- The Chairman and Senior Executive of IAC/InterActiveCorp and Expedia Group.
- The founder of the Fox Broadcasting Company and USA Broadcasting.
Where is Barry Diller from?
Recalling his early life, Barry Diller was born to a Jewish family in San Francisco, California in the year 1942 as Barry Charles Diller. His parents were Reva Addison and Michael Diller. Similarly, his nationality is American and belongs to White ethnicity. His birth sign is Aquarius.
Concerning his education, He studied at the Beverley High School though he hardly had any interest in academics. Later, he joined the University of California but dropped out after just one semester.
How Barry Diller became a businessman?
- Moving towards his career, Barry started his career with a job in the William Morris Agency, a Hollywood based talent agency, where he initially worked as an assistant.
- Soon, he became a full-fledged talent agent and was also put in charge of broadcasting rights to feature films. He was eventually promoted to the rank of vice president of the organization.
- During this time, he pioneered and popularized the concepts of TV movies and TV miniseries.
- After a successful career at the William Morris Agency, he joined Paramount Pictures Corporation, one of the best known Hollywood film studios.
- He served as the chairman and chief executive officer for ten years. Under him, the studio produced many hit TV programs as well as movies, such as ‘Taxi’ (1978), ‘Grease’ (1978), ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’ (1981), ‘Cheers’ (1982), and ‘Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom’ (1984).
- From October 1984, he served as the Chairman and CEO of Fox Inc. which was the parent company of Fox Network and 20th Century Fox. He was also a co-founder of the Fox Network and popularized several TV shows.
- In 1992, he quit the company and purchased a stake in QVC teleshopping network for $25 million. Though he also made bids to purchase Paramount Communications as well as CBS, he lost.
- In 1995, he resigned from QVC as well.
- Slowly, He started building a media empire of his own. He became chairman of the Home Shopping Network and also acquired the USA Network and the Sci-Fi channel.
- He became a part-owner of Ticketmaster and merged its online arm with Citysearch, which was a provider of local online city guides. This transformed Citysearch into an e-commerce venture named Ticketmaster Online-Citysearch which went public in 1999.
- In addition to these ventures, he also acquired the assets of Silver King Broadcasting.
- In the 2000s, he became the Chairman of Expedia, as well as the Chairman and CEO of IAC/InterActiveCorp. IAC is a commerce conglomerate and the parent of several companies such as homeadvisor.com, Vimeo.com, and Ask.com.
- He held the position of CEO of IAC/Interactive Corp till December 2010. Since 2002, he has also been on the board of Coca Cola.
- In October 2019, He had a $4.2 billion fortune in technology companies, after investing early on in companies such as Match.com and Vimeo.
- In early 2020, He took over Expedia’s day-to-day operations alongside the Vice-Chairman Peter Kern, after the company’s CFO stepped down in December 2019.
- Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, Expedia’s shares plummeted along with those of other travel companies. He announced that Expedia is generating no revenue and would have to cut costs.
Who is Barry Diller married to?
Reflecting on his personal life, Barry is married to Diane von Fürstenberg, former Princess of Belgium turned-fashion designer. She is the mother of Alexandre Egin and Tatiana Desireé from her marriage to Prince Egon von Fürstenberg, a German aristocrat. He tied the knot with Fürstenberg in 2001.
Also, He is a member of the Democratic Party and is known to be an outspoken critic of US President Donald Trump. He has donated $30 million to the Hollywood Fund which is for providing health and social care to people who have retired from the world of film and television.
How much is Barry Diller worth?
Being a businessman, Barry earns an impressive amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the co-operating industry. Based on some online sites, his estimated net worth said to be $3.8 billion at present. However, his salary and assets details are yet to be disclosed.
How tall is Barry Diller?
Observing his body statistics, Barry has a decent height and weight with dark brown eyes and white hair color. His further body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosed, we will let you know.