Facts of Da Brat
|Full Name:||Da Brat|
|Age:||49 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||April 14, 1974|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Leo|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Da Brat|
Da Brat is an American rapper and actress who is well known for her debut album, “Funkdafied”(1994). Her album sold one million copies, making her the first female solo rap act to receive a platinum certification, thus becoming the second overall female rap act(solo or group) after Salt-N-Pepa.
Brat is mostly known for serving as a featured artist on other music composers’ albums. Some of her most successful songs/features include, “I Think They Like Me”, “Funkdafied” and “Loverboy”.
On August 3, 2020, Brat revealed embarrassing sexual details related to her best friend, Mariah Carey’s relationship with rapper Eminem on which neither of them has responded yet. Carey is set to release her new memoir, “The Meaning of Mariah Carey” in which she is reportedly intending to spill beans about her alleged sexual relationship with Eminem.
Three times BBMA winning singer has been involved in a lot of legal issues and has even spent several years in jail for her violent behavior.
Besides, Brat is active in social media sites like Twitter: @sosobrat, Facebook fan page @sosobrat, and Instagram: @sosobrat which has over 2.8 million followers.
What is Da Brat Famous for?
- Famous for her debut album, “Funkdafied”(1994).
Where was Da Brat Born?
Da Brat was born on April 14, 1974, in Joliet, Illinois, United States. Her birth name is Shawntae Harris. Her nationality is American. Brat belongs to African-American ethnicity while Aries is her zodiac sign.
Brat was born and raised to unmarried parents on the West Side of Chicago. As born to parents who were never married, Brat was subsequently raised in two different households.
She lived part of the time with her mother and grandmother where she attended an Apostolic church four times a week and sang in the choir.
Brat attended Kenwood Academy during her sophomore and junior year, where she ran track and played basketball. Then, she joined the charter school, Academy of Scholastic Achievement, and subsequently got graduated in 1992.
Besides, Brat is the younger half-sister of actress and former model LisaRaye McCoy through her father’s marriage.
Da Brat’s Career Highlights
- Da Brat made her breakthrough after winning the grand prize in a local rap contest sponsored by Yo! MTV Raps in 1992.
- She was then introduced to young rap duo, Kris Kross’ producer, Jermaine Dupri, who signed her to his So So Def label.
- In 1994, she made her professional debut with the release of her debut album, “Funkdafied” that went platinum, making her the first female solo rapper to sell one million copies.
- Two years later, in 1996, Brat released her second full-length album, “Anuthatantrum” which included the single “Ghetto Love” featuring T-Boz of TLC.
- She was then featured with Kris Kross on the title track of their album, “Da Bomb”(1993) as well as on their third album, “Young, Rich and Dangerous”(1996).
- In 1996, she made her feature film debut that year in the fantasy film, “Kazaam” with Shaquille O’Neal.
- She then appeared alongside Dupri on the remix of the Dru Hill hit “In My Bed” and on a remix of Carey’s “Honey (So So Def Mix)”(1997).
- In early 2000, Da Brat released her third full-length album, “Unrestricted”.
- In 2001, Brat reached #1 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip Hop Singles chart along with rapper Ludacris on the main remix of Mariah Carey’s “Loverboy”.
- The same year, she also appeared as Louise in Carey’s 2001 movie, “Glitter”.
- Following in 2003, Brat released her fourth album, titled “Limelite, Luv & Niteclubz”, and also appeared on the 4th season of VH1’s “The Surreal Life”.
- She made her comeback when she was featured on the remix of the song “I Think They Like Me,” by Dem Franchize Boyz in 2005.
- She was also featured on Kelly Rowland’s “Gotsta Go,” a bonus track from her 2007 album “Ms. Kelly”.
- In 2007, she participated in the fifth season of the VH1 reality series, “Celebrity Fit Club”.
- In 2011, she did a remix with Kelly Rowland called “Motivation” featuring Lil Wayne.
- On July 2, 2013, she released her new single “Is It the Chu?” on iTunes and other digital services.
- She works as a co-host for the Rickey Smiley Morning show since 2015 and is part of the Dish Nation cast out of Atlanta.
- Brat has also appeared on the reality TV series The Rap Game since 2016.
- In 2017 Da Brat joined the reality TV series Growing up Hip Hop: Atlanta which follows around Atlanta legends and children of Atlanta legends.
Who is Da Brat Dating?
Da Brat was previously in a relationship with Andre 3000 and Allen Iverson.
She has been involved in a lot of legal issues and has even spent several years in jail for her violent behavior. In 2001, Da Brat pleaded guilty to misdemeanor reckless conduct after hitting a lady with a rum bottle in an Atlanta nightclub, she ended up serving a year’s probation and also paid a $1,000 fine.
On October 31, 2007, she was again arrested for physically assaulting a hostess at a Halloween gathering at Studio 72 nightclub in Atlanta. For which she was sentenced to three years in jail and seven years of probation.
What is the Net Worth of Da Brat?
Da Brat has quite great earnings from her professional career as a rapper and also as an actress. Having started her career since 1992, Brat has managed to come a long way up earning a healthy fortune from her several songs and appearances. Her net worth is estimated to be around $3 million as of 2020
How Tall is Da Brat?
Da Brat is a beautiful lady in her. She has a dark complexion with black eyes and brown hair. She stands at a height of 1.63m(5ft 4inches) and has a body weight of 60kg(132.28lbs). Her body measurement is 36-28-40 inches. Her shoe size is no.6.