Facts of Danny DeVito
|Full Name:||Danny DeVito|
|Age:||76 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||November 17, 1944|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Danny DeVito|
Danny DeVito is an American filmmaker and actor. After his performance as taxi dispatcher Louie De Palma in the TV series Taxi, for which he received the Golden Globe and Emmy Awards, he won fame and recognition. Besides that, he has been involved in a number of notable movies, including Tin Men, Throw Momma from the Train, One Flew over the Cuckoo nest, Ruthless People, Man on the Moon, Endearment Terms, etc. Let’s explore this article more about him.
What’s famous about Danny DeVito?
- An American playwright, producer, director and screenwriter.
- His depiction of taxi driver Louie De Palma in the TV series Taxi (1978-1983).
When was the birth of Danny DeVito?
Remembering his early life, DeVito was born in the year of 1944 in the city of Neptune, New Jersey, USA. Daniel Michael DeVito, Jr. is his name and now he’s 75 years old. The name of his father is Daniel DeVito Sr. and the name of his mother is Julia DeVito.
He’s got Theresa Scala and Angela Lucia’s sisters. Similarly, he has U.S. citizenship and Italian ethnicity.
Where is the education of Danny DeVito?
DeVito attended Oratory Preparatory School and completed his high school in 1962 with regard to his education. He subsequently joined the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and, in 1986, was certified. He served as a cosmeticist after graduation.
When did Danny DeVito start his career in film?
- Right after his graduation, DeVito began working in Waterford, Connecticut, at the Eugene O’Neill Theater Center. After seeing an ad, he auditioned for a role in In Cold Blood’s film version.
- He did not take the part in the film and began to work as a car parker to make a living. Shortly after, he returned to New York, where he played in several off-Broadway plays.
- In 1971, Martini played his role in the production of One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest. Four years later, Michael Douglas produced his film version and asked him to take up his role as a stage designer.
- In 1978, DeVito auditioned for the new NBC Taxi series, where he found the part of Louie De Palma, a deeply oppressive cab dispatcher. The show lasted for five years and received a Best Supporting Actor Emmy Award.
- His Hollywood career began in 1983 with Terms of Endearment after Taxi took off the air. Five Academy Awards were won for the film, which featured actors like Shirley MacLaine, Debra Winger and Jack Nicholson.
- Now that his Hollywood career has begun, he has become popular with filmmakers. In 1984, he joined another successful company called Romancing the Stone. The film was a romantic action adventure with his friends Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner.
- The following year, The Jewel of the Nile was published in a sequel to Romancing The Stone, where all actors replaced their respective roles. The film was a commercial hit, but the critics were not impressed.
- In 1987, Throw Momma came up with his first directorial project, a dark comedy in which he also played a part. Inspired by Hitchcock’s Train Strangers, the film also performed with actors like Billy Crystal and Rob Reiner.
- Again, he joined hands with Michael Douglas for his subsequent 1989 directorial The War of the Roses, another black comedy. The film was based on the novel of the same name by Warren Adler.
- He was showing films such as The Rainmaker (1997), Hoffa (1992)-a biographical film which he also directed, Heist (2001), etc in an effort to avoid being stereotyped as a comedian actor.
- During 2002-03, DeVito directed two movies with Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore, Death to Smoochy (2002), featuring Robin Williams and Edward Norton, with Duplex (2003). The films were both black comedies, a genre near the heart of DeVito.
- Since he was always interested in documentaries, he joined Morgan Freeman’s ClickStar company in 2006 to host a documentary channel, named Jersey Docs.
- In 2012, he made his debut at the ‘West End’ in a play titled Neil Simon’s The Sunshine Boys. He played together with Richard Griffiths. The play was previewed for a 12-week season at the Savoy Theater.
- From 2012 to 2019, DeVito played a lot of characters in various movies such as Hotel Noir (2012), All the Wilderness (2014), Weiner-Dog (2016) and Dumbo in different shades (2019).
- With the 2016 short comedy Curmudgeons in which he played alongside David Margulies, he returned to directing.
- He has spoken in films, like Look Who’s Talking Now (2013), Space Jam (1996), Hercules (1997), The Lorax (2012), Animal Crackers (2017) and ‘Smallfoot’ (2018).
- In 2019, he played significant roles in films such as Jumanji: The Next Level and Harry Haft. He was also chosen to speak to a character called Bob in a fantasy movie called The One and Ivan alone.
- Prior to the presidential elections of the Democratic Party in 2020, he expressed his support for Democratic candidate Bernie Sanders again.
Who is the wife of Danny DeVito?
Reflecting on his personal life, on 28 January 1982, DeVito was married to Rhea Perlman. They met for the first time on January 17, 1971, when they went to see a friend in the DeVito play The Shrinking Bride. Three children were welcomed: Lucy Chet DeVito, Grace Fan DeVito and Jacob Daniel DeVito.
But the couple separated in October 2012 after 30 years of marriage. In March 2103, they reunited but separated again in March 2017. But they don’t plan to get a divorce. Instead of splitting, Radar Online said it plans to renew its wedding vows.
How much is the value of Danny DeVito?
As a part of the entertainment industry, DeVito earns impressive money and fame as an actor and screenwriter through his profession. Based on some online reports, its estimated net worth currently amounts to $80 million. His salary and asset details must nevertheless be disclosed.
How tall is DeVito Danny?
DeVito stands 4 feet 11 inches high and weighs about 65 kg, observing its body statistics. He also has a pair of brown eyes and a color of white hair. In addition, it has a healthy body measuring 40-30-10 inches (Chest, Waist, and Biceps).