Facts of Jeff Hardy
|Full Name:||Jeff Hardy|
|Age:||45 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||August 31, 1977|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jeff Hardy|
Jeff Hardy is an American professional wrestler and musician. At present, he is signed to WWE, where he performs on the SmackDown brand. He is famous for his work in his multiple runs with WWE. Moreover, he has also worked for Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA), Ring of Honor (ROH), and several companies on the independent circuit. His tag team with his brother Matt is called The Hardy Boyz and critics refer to them as one of the most exciting tag teams in wrestling history. Prior to WWE, he performed for OMEGA, an independent wrestling promotion organization he ran with Matt. Besides wrestling, he has many other interests like riding bikes, writing poetry, playing guitar, and drums. He also formed a band called “Peroxwhy?gen”. He is nicknamed as Jeff Brother Nero, Ingus Jynx, Itchweeed, Jeff Hardy, Willow, Wolverine, Keith Davis, The Charismatic Enigma, Jeffy, Enigmatic Soul, Rainbow-Haired Warrior, Jeffro. His first recorded match was for WWF on 23rd May 1994, against Razor Ramon. He released his first album titled Plurality of Worlds in November 2013. His first TV show appearance was in WWF Action Zone in 1994. During his time in WWE, he trained under the guidance of Dorrance Earnest Funk Jr. (also known as Dory Funk Jr.) and Michael Seitz (also known as Michael Hayes). He has over 1 million followers on Instagram and more than 1.5 million Twitter followers. On July 13, 2019, he was arrested in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for public intoxication. On October 3, 2019, he was arrested and charged with driving while impaired in Moore County, North Carolina. Jeff Hardy’s 5th WWE Theme Song is “No More Words”. Read on to get full information about his biography, family details, brother, career, rank, fight, records, wife, daughters, salary net worth and more.
What Happened to Jeff Hardy?
Jeff Hardy gets arrested for allegedly hitting Elias with a car. Jeff Hardy denied the allegations but the police took him into custody for more questioning after smelling alcohol on him. Hardy also claimed that he has been suffering from headaches. He has been arrested on Friday Night Smackdown episode. Hardy was allegedly intoxicated as the police officers found an open bottle of liquor on the scene. He hit Elias with his rental car outside the WWE Performance Center. As Hardy was getting arrested, Elias was taken to the hospital in an ambulance by paramedics. Both Hardy and Elias were set to participate in the WWE Intercontinental Championship tournament.
Why is Jeff Hardy Popular?
Jeff Hardy is popular for being one of the famous WWE wrestlers.
He is famous and best known for winning the WWE Tag Team title 6 times along with his brother Matt Hardy.
What is Jeff Hardy doing now?
Jeff Hardy is currently signed to WWE, where he performs on the SmackDown brand.
When was Jeff Hardy Born?
On 31st August 1977, Jeff Hardy was born with the birth name/real name of Jeffrey Nero Hardy. His birthplace/hometown is in Cameron, North Carolina, the USA. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is American-White. His race is White. He was born to his parents; Gilbert Hardy (father) and Ruby Moore Hardy (mother). His elder brother is Matt Hardy. When Hardy was nine, his mother died due to brain cancer. When he was 12, he developed an interest in motocross, and in his ninth grade, he participated in his first race. He also played baseball but had to stop as he injured his arm in a motocross race. As per his education, he attended Union Pines High School and his favorite subjects were US history and art. During high school, he also played football as a fullback and linebacker. He had to stop playing football in high school after he was ordered to pick between professional wrestling and football, and he chose wrestling. He competed in amateur wrestling as well. His Zodiac sign is Virgo and his religion is Christian. As of 2019, he celebrated his 42nd birthday. His prsent age is 42.
Is Jeff Hardy Retired or Still with WWE?
- Jeff Hardy with his brother, Matt Hardy, and friends started their own federation, the Trampoline Wrestling Federation (TWF).
- The TWF went under several different names, eventually being integrated into a county fair in North Carolina.
- Jeff and Matt formed their own wrestling promotion, the Organization of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts (OMEGA) with Thomas Simpson where each of the brothers portrayed several different characters; Hardy portrayed such characters as Willow the Wisp, Iceman, Mean Jimmy Jack Tomkins, and The Masked Mountain.
- There, he held the New Frontier Championship (NFC) as a singles competitor and the Tag Team Championship with Matt.
- The promotion folded in April 1998 when they signed contracts with the WWF.
- He started on World Wrestling Federation (WWF) television as a jobber.
- His first WWF match was against Razor Ramon on 23rd May 1994 in Youngstown, Ohio, with Randy Savage mentioning on commentary, “Welcome to the big time”.
- He then wrestled under his real name against The 1-2-3 Kid, and the match aired on the June 25 episode of Superstars.
- The Hardy brothers eventually caught the eyes of the World Wrestling Federation (WWF).
- In the year 1998, Jeff Hardy and Matt signed a contract with WWE (then known as WWF), and were placed under Raw, a section of the WWE.
- They then formed a tag team called “The Hardy Boyz”.
- Hardy gained attention for his high-risk stunts in the TLC matches, such as doing Swanton Bomb frontflips off of the top steps of 10 and 20 foot high ladders, making a name for himself as one of the most seemingly reckless and unorthodox WWF performers of his time.
- In the year 2001, he took up a challenge from ‘The Undertaker’ for the ‘Undisputed Championship’ title in a ladder match, which he lost.
- He also competed on various occasions to achieve many singles titles but was unsuccessful.
- In the year 2002, when the brothers decided to part ways, Jeff Hardy continued with Raw.
- In July 2002, Hardy won his third Hardcore Championship by defeating Bradshaw.
- He failed a drug test due to which WWE management fired him in April 2003.
- In the year 2004, he entered into a contract with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling (TNA).
- After he fought with A.J. Styles for the X-Division title, he started scaling new heights in wrestling.
- He then fought against Jeff Jarrett in a ladder match, which he lost.
- In TNA’s Lockdown April 2005 PPV event, he won a match against Raven.
- While with TNA, he won many matches, defeating many renowned wrestlers.
- On 4th August 2006, he rejoined WWE, and in the first fight, he defeated ‘Edge’, who was the then WWE champion.
- He also vied with Johnny Nitro for the Intercontinental title but lost.
- On 2nd October 2006, he defeated Nitro and gained back the Intercontinental title.
- But the Intercontinental title kept going back and forth between Jeff and Nitro, which he managed to regain on 13th November 2006.
- In November 2006, he again teamed up with his brother after almost five years, and defeated the ‘Full Blood Italians’.
- At Survivor Series, they won over Team Rated-RKO with a clean sweep.
- In April 2007, they won a 10-team match for the ‘World Tag Team Championship’.
- In June, they gave away their titles to Cade and Murdoch.
- He also lost the ‘WWE championship scramble’ match.
- The Hardy Boyz began a feud with Cade and Murdoch and retained the Championship at Backlash and Judgment Day but they dropped the titles on 4th June 2007.
- When Umaga defeated Hardy at The Great American Bash to retain the Intercontinental Championship in July 2007, he was abruptly taken off the WWE programming.
- He then found enough time to recover and heal, as he was injured from a bad fall in a match.
- He returned on 27th August 2007 on a Raw edition beating Kennedy by disqualification after Umaga interfered.
- On 3rd September, he won his fourth Intercontinental Championship by defeating Umaga.
- At Survivor Series in 2008, he faced Triple H to win the traditional elimination match.
- The feud continued at Armageddon, wherein he defeated Triple H to become the No. 1 contender for the WWE Championship.
- On 23rd June 2008, Hardy was drafted from the Raw brand to the SmackDown brand, as a part of the 2008 WWE draft and he made his SmackDown debut on the July 4 episode, defeating John Morrison.
- He participated in the WWE Championship Scramble match at Unforgiven and also challenged for the championship at No Mercy and Cyber Sunday, but failed to win each time.
- In a triple threat match in December 2008, he defeated ‘Edge’ and ‘Triple H’, and won the WWE Champion title, but in Royal Rumble 2009, he lost his title to Edge.
- He was named as one of the six men to compete in an elimination match at No Way Out, where he survived till only two were left, and was eventually defeated by Triple H.
- On 4th January 2010, he returned to TNA on the first live episode of Impact! with Shannon Moore.
- At Lockdown, he defeated Anderson and he later formed a tag team with him and defeated Robert Roode and James Storm in a match.
- He also became TNA World Heavyweight Champion in November 2010.
- On 4th January 2011, he made his debut for New Japan Pro Wrestling, where he defended the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
- In December 2011, at Final Resolution, he defeated Jarrett in a match to become the No. 1 contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.
- In January 2012, at Genesis, he defeated TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bobby Roode via disqualification, so as a result, the title remained with Roode.
- On 12th February, at Against All Odds, he was unable to capture the TNA World Heavyweight Championship from Roode.
- In April 2012, at Lockdown, he defeated Kurt Angle in a rematch.
- In May at Sacrifice, Anderson defeated him in a singles match.
- On the May 31 episode of Impact Wrestling, he won voting to become the No. 1 contender to TNA Television Championship.
- In November 2013, he entered the World Title Tournament and reached the finals, but was defeated by Magnus.
- He then quit TNA and in February 2014, he returned to TNA at Lockdown.
- From December 2014 to March 2015, several employees re-signed with TNA Impact Wrestling, including Hardy.
- He made an appearance on January 5, 2016 episode of Impact Wrestling on its live Pop TV debut (TV Show) backstage and ringside to support his brother Matt in the semi-finals and finals of the TNA World Title Series, which Matt had later lost.
- In March 2017, he left TNA to return to WWE with Matt in April 2017 for WWE WrestleMania 33.
- The Hardy Boyz became tag team champions for the seventh time and defended the title against Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson.
- At Payback, The Hardy Boyz retained their championships against Cesaro and Sheamus, who attacked them after the match.
- At Extreme Rules, The Hardy Boyz lost the titles against Cesaro and Sheamus in a steel cage match and failed to regain it back the following month at the Great Balls of Fire event.
- He won a battle royal by last eliminating Jason Jordan to become the number one contender for the Intercontinental Championship on August 28 episode of Raw.
- He suffered a shoulder injury and it was reported that the injury would sideline him for four to six months.
- He made a special appearance on the 25th-anniversary episode of Raw in a poker segment also involving The APA, Ted DiBiase, and many other wrestlers on 22nd January 2018.
- He also made a cameo appearance in a segment, calling “The Ultimate Deletion” between Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt, allowing his brother Matt to pick up the victory on the March 19 episode of Raw.
- After his injury healed, he teamed up with Balor and Rollins to defeat Miz and Miztourage.
- He defeated Jinder Mahal to win the United States Championship, making him the second person to complete the modern Grand Slam, after completing the original format separately.
- He then retained his title against Jinder Mahal at the Greatest Royal Rumble event on April 27, and against Randy Orton at Backlash on May 6.
- He lost the title to Shinsuke Nakamura, after a pre-match low blow by Nakamura, ending his reign at 90 days at Extreme Rules.
- He had a rematch with Nakamura, winning by disqualification after Orton attacked Hardy on SmackDown Live.
- He received another rematch at SummerSlam but was again defeated by Nakamura.
- He challenged Orton to a Hell in a Cell match at the namesake pay-per-view, which Orton accepted but lost to Orton on 16th September.
- WWE announced that Hardy would be out of action for six to nine months due to his injury afflicted by Lars Sullivan.
- He underwent successful surgery Thursday to repair multiple lingering issues in his right knee, all of which were exacerbated in an attack by the monstrous Lars Sullivan on SmackDown LIVE.
- As a result of Jeff’s injuries, The Hardy Boyz were forced to relinquish the SmackDown Tag Team Titles.
- He returned from injury, defeating King Corbin on 13th March 2020.
- He began a feud with Sheamus over comments that the latter made, defeating him in the first round of the Intercontinental Championship tournament on the May 22 episode of Smackdown.
- On May 29, 2020, episode of Smackdown, he was “arrested” after crashing his car into Elias, however later in the episode, Hardy would cause a distraction for Sheamus, costing him a match over Daniel Bryan, and attacked Sheamus after the match.
Championships / accomplishments / Awards / Achievements
All Star Wrestling
ASW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
The Crash Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
House of Glory
HOG Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
MCW Pro Wrestling
MCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)-with Matt Hardy
World Wrestling Federation/World Wrestling Entertainment/WWE
- World Heavyweight Championship (2 times)
- WWE Championship (1 time)
- WWE European Championship (1 time)
- WWE United States Championship (1 time)
- WWF/E Hardcore Championship (3 times)
- WWF/E Intercontinental Championship (4 times)
- WWF Light Heavyweight Championship (1 time)
- WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
- WWE Raw Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
- WWF/World Tag Team Championship (6 times) – with Matt Hardy
- WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
- Eighteenth Triple Crown Champion
- Ninth Grand Slam Champion (under original format; Ninth overall)
- Terri Invitational Tournament (1999) – with Matt Hardy
- Slammy Awards (2 times)
Wrestling Observer Newsletter
- Best Flying Wrestler (2000)
- Feud of the Year (2009) vs. CM Punk
- Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic (2008) WWE teasing a drug overdose to remove him from a Survivor Series title match
- Worst Worked Match of the Year (2011) vs. Sting at Victory Road (owing to Hardy’s inebriation)
Wrestling Superstar Tag Team Championship (1 time) – with Matt Hardy
Who is Jeff Hardy Married to?
Jeff Hardy’s marital status is married. He is a married man and he was married to his beautiful wife, Beth Britt. They are also the proud parents of two kids/children. He met Beth in a club in Southern Pines, North Carolina shortly after he and his brother Matt had won their first Tag Team title. The couple started dating and after remaining in a long-term relationship announced in August 2010 that Beth was pregnant with their first child. Their daughter was born on 19th October 2010. The next year, he tied the knot with Beth on 9th March 2011, and the couple’s second daughter was born on 31st December 2015. At present, the duo is enjoying life a lot without any disturbances. His sexual orientation is straight.
How much does Jeff Hardy make?
Jeff Hardy is an American professional wrestler and musician. With his wrestling career, he has accumulated a huge amount of money. As of 2020, the net worth of this famous wrestler is estimated to have $12 Million. The main source of Jeff Hardy’s income is his earning from his successful wrestling career. He summoned a fortune amount of salary. He earned around $1,000,000 while his sponsorship/endorsement deals garner him $300,000 in the 2015-2016. In addition to this, he also received royalty checks for advertisements and appearances in some prominent WWE pay per views such as Royal Rumble, New Year’s Revolution, and WWE No Way Out. He has appeared in the Chef Boyardee Beef Ravioli commercial in 2001. He has also been seen in the ShopTNA.com commercial. His house burnt down to the ground on 15th March 2008. His exact salary and other assets are unknown. As of now, he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Jeff Hardy?
Jeff Hardy is a very handsome person with a white skin tone. His body build is a bodybuilder. He has got a tall height of 6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm with a balanced body weight of 102 Kg or 225 lbs. His hair color is black and his eye color is green. He paints a green face often. He has arched eyebrows, pierced ears, neck tattoos, and has a unique beard style and haircut. His other body measurements such as chest size, waist size, hip size, and more are unknown. He also inked a tattoo on his body. Overall, he has got a healthy body with a charming smile.