Jungkook is a member of the Korean boy music group Bangtan Boys (BTS).
Facts of Jungkook
|Age:||25 years 9 months|
|Birth Date:||September 01, 1997|
|Birth Place:||Busan, South Korea|
|Net Worth:||$8.3 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Education:||Seoul School of Performing Arts|
|Height / How tall :||5.10 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Jungkook|
Jeon Jungkook is a member of the Korean boy music group Bangtan Boys (BTS). He launched his music career in 2003 with the band, becoming the youngest of them all. With his presence and musical expertise, his band has been able to release their debut album, several songs and hit albums. The group, which released its debut album in 2013, is sponsored by Big Hit Entertainment. It also has to its name, several awards including the Seoul Music Awards (2014), New Artist of the Year (2013), amongst many others.
Jungkook is also known for performing some songs by powerhouses Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez’s songs. His fast-rising career has also seen him tour around different countries with his bandmates. Today, he has an eye-popping net worth, which reportedly sits between $8.3 million.
Where did Jungkook grow up?
Recalling his early life, A native of Busan, South Korea, Jungkook was born in 1997. He has an elder brother named Junghyun. Regarding his nationality, he is a South Korean and of Asian descent.
As for his education, the 20-year-old attended Baek Yang Middle School and Seoul School of Performing Arts. Jungkook learned to breakdance while he was in fifth grade and began B-Boying in the seventh grade. Furthermore, he holds a black belt in Taekwondo. The singer graduated from The School of Performing Arts on 7th February 2017. Jungkook is currently studying broadcasting and entertainment at Global Cypher University.
When did Junkook pursue his music career?
- When Jungkook was in his young age his dream was to become a badminton player. During his first year of high school, he changes his decision and finally decided to become a singer after listening to songs from G-Dragon.
- At the age of 13, Jungkook participates in an audition called Superstar K3. However, he was not selected for the dance and was eliminated. It was said that he lacked emotion in his dance according to Bang Si Hyuk. However, his talent was recognized and he receives offers from eight different talent agencies.
- Jeon Jungkook decides to choose Big Hit Entertainment, where his future is now so popularized. In 2012, at the age of 14, he was sent to Los Angeles and there he has his training in a famous dance academy. There he learned several types of dance including urban style, Movement Lifestyle, feminine style. and various other styles.
- When he signed with Big Hit Entertainment and he became a member of the Bangtan Boys. He debuted with the group on June 13, 2013, and released his first song No More Dream which is part of the album 2 Cool 4 Skool. He was then 15 years and is in the 8th year at that time.
- Jungkook is the lead vocalist, the lead dancer and a sub-rapper of the band. He could also co-write and co-produced some songs. Being the youngest of the group he was nicknamed as Maknae. The song Begin, from the album Wings (2016), sung solo by Jungkook, is dedicated to other members.
- He explained that the song told how his journey began at the age of 15 years and it was a way for him to thank the other members for helping him become the person he is today. During the ” Wings World Tour “, Jungkook seriously injured his back while falling at a concert. The documentary BTS: Burn The Stage shows backstage tour where Jungkook almost fainted because of the pain and had to be placed on life support immediately after the concert to avoid hospitalization.
- Jung kook later became one of the greatest singers and collaborated with other Korean singers as well as political leaders for the song One Dream One Korea. This song shows the relationship between South Korea and North Korea as well as the nostalgia for the unification of both nations.
- Besides, Jung kook was featured in Jo Kwon’s music video I’m Da One in 2012 with V, J-Hope, Suga, and Jin. Jungkook has also appeared on many TV shows. Two years later, he directed some TV projects including ‘Flower Boy Bromance’, ‘Special MC in Music Core’ and ‘National Idol Singing Contest’. Also in 2016, he became part of the “Flower Crew” reality program.
- Jungkook, with Jimin and V, was voted one of the 100 most beautiful faces of 2017 and he is loved by all of the young generations. He also appears in several South Korean CFS such as SK Telecom, Puma, LG, Coca-Cola, and MBC Chicken ads.
- On 6 January 2017 Jung kook shares a teaser of his cover of We Do not Talk Anymore (original song by Charlie Puth and Selena Gomez on the account Twitter of BTS. The full song was posted on the band’s YouTube channel on February 7, 2017.
- In a 2018 survey conducted by Gallup Korea, Jungkook ranked as the 8th most loved celebrity of the year in South Korea. In 2017, he was ranked 18th, and in 2016, he came in at 20th.
- In January 2019 Jungkook revealed that he used the fabric softener brand Downy for his laundry. The reveal led to an unexpected spike in the brand’s sales and two month’s worth of the Downy product sold out. The company’s stock value rose by more than 11% in a day.
What are the achievements of Jungkook?
Jungkook is the youngest one in the group but has performed in various of the songs His works are appreciated and loved by everyone and he has also received various awards. Some of his awards are listed below:
- MelOn Music Award: New artist of the year in 2013
- Golden Disk Award: Newcomer Award in the year 2014
- MelOn Music Award: Best Male Dance Award in the year 2015
- Golden Disk Award: Disk Bongsang in the year 2016
Is Jungkook married or not?
Reflecting his personal life, Jungkook is currently single. His personal life has been a subject of curiosity for many fans. The singer has not been spared from various rumors regarding his dating life. However, he once stated in an interview that his ideal type is a fellow singer Lee-Ji-Eun also known as IU.
Jungkook is said to have dated a girl named Park Se Won while in high school. According to tabloids, they eventually broke up so that the singer could focus on his debut. Apart from that, he has been rumored to be dating the Lovelyz’s, Jeong Ye. They were suspected to be in a relationship since the two were spotted wearing similar clothes on many occasions.
Furthermore, the singer was rumored to be dating DIA’s Jung Chae-Yeon after he once jokingly said in an interview that she was his ideal type. Chae-Yeon has since denied the rumors citing him as a good friend. Jungkook is also suspected to be in a relationship with Min Jisoo also known as Soomi. However, the singer is very busy with his career. Perhaps he does not have time for romance at the moment.
How much does Jungkook earn?
Jungkook has earned name, fame and a great deal of money from his successful music career. The net worth of the talented artist is estimated to be around $8.3 million. Furthermore, the combined net worth of the whole group is about $35 million. Junggkook along with other members of BTS has performed in many events as well.
The singer lives with other members of the group in a luxurious apartment complex named Hannam Hill apartment in Gangnam Seoul. One of the units in the complex is reportedly valued at $75 million. The dormitory is perfect for BTS since the place has a good security system.
Well, Jungkook is living a life of luxury. Aside, BTS is being recognized worldwide and their loyal fans have supported the group throughout the years.
How tall is Jungkook?
Observing his body physics, Jungkook is approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 69 kg. He has got the most charming face with his hair color changes according to his style and dresses up but his original hair color and eye color is black. Further, his chest, waist, and biceps statistics are 38 inches, 30 inches, and 13 inches respectively and his shoe size is 7.5 (US).