Kayla Jean Harrison is an American judoka and professional mixed martial artist. Harrison competed in the 78 kg weight category in judo and currently fights in the lightweight division in mixed martial arts.
Facts of Kayla Harrison
|Full Name:||Kayla Harrison|
|Age:||32 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||July 02, 1990|
|Birth Place:||Middletown, Ohio, USA|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Kenny Harrison|
|Mother's Name:||Jeannie Yazell|
|Height / How tall :||5.8 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Kayla Harrison|
Maybe I really could be one of the greatest of all time. Who doesn't want to be a legend, right?
You get to the point where you decide that you don't want to be a victim anymore and that you're not going to live your life like that.
Kayla Harrison, an American former judoka, is a mixed martial artist who competes in the lightweight division. Kayla Harrison competes in the 78kg weight category and is the winner of the “2010 World Championships”. She won gold medals twice at Olympics, and twice at Pan American Games.
- Kayla Harrison, the double Olympic judo champ, has compared her wrestling skills and claimed herself as a better version of unbeaten Russian men’s UFC lightweight champion king Khabib Nurmagomedov – a man with a fabled grappling game of his own.
Kayla Harrison Famous for?
- Kayla Harrison is famous as the USA’s first Olympic gold medalist judoka and a popular MMA fighter.
Kayla Harrison’s Early Life: Birth Date/ Parents/ Education?
Kayla Harrison was born on July 2, 1990, in Middletown, Ohio, the U.S. Her birth name is Kayla Harrison. Her nationality is American. Her ethnicity is White with Cancer as her zodiac sign.
Harrison was born to Kenny Harrison(father) and Jeannie Yazell(mother). Her mother was also a black belt judoka.
Kayla started to play judo at the age of 6, as she was introduced to the sport by her mother. She graduated from Middletown High School in Ohio.
She then began training under coach Daniel Doyle, and by the age of 15, she had two national championships titles. However, during the time, Harrison was sexually abused by her coach, Daniel for which he was sentenced to a ten-year prison term.
After a month, she moved away to Boston to train with Jimmy Pedro and his father.
Kayla Harrison’s Career: Judo and MMA Fighter?
- Kayla Harrison remained focused and changed her weight classes from 63-78 kg division but she couldn’t compete in the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- She won the “Junior World Championship” in 2008 and became the first American to compete in two Junior World Championships finals.
- She won a gold medal at the “World Judo Championships” in 2010, the first American ever to do so since 1999.
- She then won the Olympic title in 2012, becoming the first American to win an Olympic gold medal in judo.
- She won her second title at Olympics again in 2016 in Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games.
- She was promoted to the Roku dan(6th Degree Black Belt) by USJA, the youngest person in the US to ever be awarded this rank.
- Harrison signed with “World Series of Fighting” in 2016.
- She made her MMA debut at PFL 2 on June 21, 2018, against Brittney Elkin in the Women’s Lightweight division.
- She was the main card for PFL 11 in 2018.
- She faced and won the fight against Morgan Frier in the co-main event of PFL 4 on July 11, 2019.
- Harrison also appeared as a guest in several episodes of the television show “Impractical Jokers” and also in “Flea Market Flip” along with her grandmother.
- Kayla received the “2012 Women’s Sports Foundation’s Wilma Rudolph Courage Award”.
- She was named one of “Glamour Magazine’s Women of the Year”(2012), and placed first in Boston Globe Magazine’s 2012 “Athletes of the Year”.
Kayla Harrison’s Personal Life: Dating?
Kayla Harrison is currently dating Tony Martin. Tony is a UFC fighter. He also claimed his girlfriend to be the future of the women’s MMA.
Harrison was previously in a relationship with Frazer Chamberlain(a British judoka). However, they broke up in 2016.
Kayla Harrison’s Net Worth?
The gold medalist, Kayla Harrison has an estimated net worth of around $500k to $1 million.
She makes her money through her matches. She has amassed solely a large amount of money through her judo matches.
Kayla Harrison’s Body Measurement: Height/ Weight?
Kayla Harrison has a well maintained athletic body figure. She stands tall with a height of 5ft. 8inch(1.73m). She has a bodyweight of 75 kg.
She has a fair complexion with blonde hair and brown eyes.