LaVar Ball is not only a businessman and media personality but also a personal trainer and former National Football League (NFL) player.
Businessman and Media Personality
Facts of LaVar Ball
|Full Name:||LaVar Ball|
|Age:||56 years 1 months|
|Birth Date:||October 23, 1967|
|Birth Place:||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Net Worth:||$4 million|
|Profession:||Businessman and Media Personality|
|When did LaVar Ball get married ? (married date):||, 1997|
|Children:||Lonzo Ball, LaMelo Ball, LiAngelo Ball|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Anderson Ball|
|Mother's Name:||Maria Ball|
|Education:||Canoga Park High School|
|Height / How tall :||6 feet and 6 inches|
|Eye Color:||Dark brown|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of LaVar Ball|
When you're a snake charmer, you're gonna get bit
I told my boys this: Somebody gotta be better than Michael Jordan. Why not you?
Things are gonna happen in life. Either you are gonna help do something about it or you just gonna let it happen and destroy you.
There are a handful of men in the United States who have up to three sons playing professional basketball and LaVar Ball is among them. LaVar Ball is not only a businessman and media personality but also a personal trainer and former National Football League (NFL) player who began his athletic career playing football and basketball but later decided to go pro with the former.
All that aside, Mr. Ball is the founder and CEO of Big Baller Brand and the Junior Basketball Association (JBA), which he funds completely with the money he made from his business ventures.
Bio, Age, Parents, Nationality
Recalling his early life, LaVar Ball was born in Los Angeles, California. His age is 55 years as of 2023. He was one of the five sons of his parents Anderson and Maria Ball. Expect his four brothers, he has two sisters as well. He is American by nationality and belongs to the Afro-American ethnicity. Details about his childhood are yet to be revealed.
Regarding his education, He attended the Canoga Park High School in Los Angeles, where he was a regular player in the school’s football and basketball teams. During his college years at West Los Angeles College, he studied to become a criminal lawyer and then wished to become a US marshal. However, he was also eager to give his sports career a chance. This made him continue his association with basketball and football throughout college. After that, He attended Washington State University and California State University, Los Angeles, and played for their teams.
Quick Facts About LaVar Ball
|Full Name||LaVar Christopher Ball|
|Birth Date||October 23, 1967|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Celebrated Name||LaVar Ball|
|Religion||Believe in God|
|Education||Cal State Las Angeles|
|Father’s Name||Anderson Ball|
|Mother’s Name||Maria Ball|
|Siblings||LaFrance, LaValle, LaRenzo, LaShon, and two sisters|
|Age||55 Years Old|
|Height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Weight||263 lb (119 kg)|
LaVar Ball: Career, Net Worth 2023
LaVar Ball launched its sports apparel company in 2016 and its first shoes retailed for around $495. All his sons have signature shoes and have advertised for the Big Baller Brand. LaVar Ball is estimated to be worth $4 million at present. In a move that would surely boost the family income, Deadline Hollywood reported that Facebook would be backing a reality show focused on the Ball family. The show will be called Ball In The Family.
- LaVar was engaged in sports from his school days. He played as a quarterback for the football team and as a forward for the basketball team of his school. His early years saw him break a school record by grabbing 316 rebounds.
- While in college, He earned some experience by playing in bigger leagues, such as the ‘National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I’ and the ‘NCAA Division II.’ His performance in these games was average. He also played alongside three of his four brothers in several basketball matches.
- His college football career was a little better. He was invited for ‘NFL’ tryouts, and in the mid-1990s, he joined the ‘New York Jets.’ He was soon loaned to the ‘London Monarchs’ for the ‘WLAF.’
- During the 1995 season, Ball managed to score 28 yards in kick returns. He later joined the ‘Carolina Panthers.’ An injury caused him to take a break from playing on the field, and he started gearing up to become a personal trainer.
- Using the money that he had made playing football over the years, he settled down in a Los Angeles neighborhood and started his career as a personal trainer, which turned out to be a profitable venture for him. He disappeared from the sports scene for a few years following that.
- In 2016, Ball laid the foundation of the ‘Big Baller Brand,’ a sports apparel company, which began quite well. The company made a good profit in the first few months of being launched. He promoted his company on national TV and compared it with ‘Puma’ and ‘Adidas,’ the industry moguls.
- In May 2017, ‘Big Baller’ launched their first sports shoes, priced at US$ 495, which attracted a lot of attention. Several major American athletes, such as Shaquille O’Neil, criticized the steeply-priced shoes while many others came in support. As a response, Ball said that people who could not afford the sneakers were not true “Ballers.” This controversy also attracted a lot of attention from various media outlets. ‘The Washington Post’ stated that the strategy that Ball had employed was smart yet shameless.
- Ball announced his plans to form the ‘JBA’ in December 2017. He has great plans for the future of the league, but it has been reported that it is just another way to bring ‘Big Baller’ more publicity.
- On June 20, 2019, Ball made an appearance on ESPN’s First Take to discuss the recent trade of his son Lonzo to the New Orleans Pelicans as part of the return for Anthony Davis.
Relationship Status of LaVar Ball
Reflecting his personal life, LaVar is a married man. He married Tina Catherine Slatinsky for more than two decades. The couple first met in high school and fall in love. Later, the couple got married in 1996.
Together they share, three children named Lonzo, LiAngelo, and LaMelo. Like their parents, the three boys are also basketball players and they have succeeded in becoming celebrities in the business.
Body Measurement – Height, Weight
Observing his body statistics, LaVar stands at a height of 6 feet 6 inches and weighs around 119 Kg. Similarly, he has no hair on his head and his eyes color is dark brown. His other body information is yet to be disclosed. In the case of disclosure, we will let you know.
FAQs of LaVar Ball
Why LaVar Ball is famous?
He is famous as an American businessman as well as the now-defunct Junior Basketball Association. (J.B.A.).
How old is LaVar Bal?
He is 55 years old.
How tall is LaVar?
He is 6 feet 6 inches tall.