Mia St. John is an American Mexican professional boxer and former World Boxing Council (WBC) champion in the super welterweight division.
Facts of Mia St. John
|Full Name:||Mia St. John|
|Age:||55 years 3 months|
|Birth Date:||June 24, 1967|
|Birth Place:||California, United States|
|Net Worth:||$ 793 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Education:||California State University|
|Height / How tall :||5.6 inch|
|Waist Size:||25 inch|
|Bra Size:||33 inch|
|Hip Size:||33 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mia St. John|
Mia Rosales St. John, basically known as Mia St. John is an American Mexican professional boxer and former World Boxing Council (WBC) champion in the super welterweight division. She is also the IBA and IFBA lightweight champion. She is also a model, businesswoman, and taekwondo champion.
- An American Mexican professional boxer, model, businesswoman, taekwondo champion.
Boxer Mia St. John Blames Hospital for Death of her Ex-Husband Kristoff St. John
52-year-old Kristoff St. John died Sunday at his home in the San Fernando Valley. LAPD confirms they pronounced Kristoff dead at his home after responding to a possible alcohol overdose around 2 PM, and have handed the investigation off to the coroner. In response to the death of her ex-husband, boxer Mia St. John tweeted and deleted a cry against La Casa Mental Health hospital in Long Beach, where their 24-year-old son, Julian, committed suicide in 2014. “That hospital killed our son then my husband that’s what happened!” Mia tweeted early Monday morning, heartbreakingly adding, “They killed my family.”
Mia and Kristoff sued the Long Beach hospital in 2015, alleging the facility did not provide enough care for their son and argued they gave him access to the plastic bag he used to suffocate himself. It’s unclear if Mia is insinuating her husband died from a direct connection to the hospital, or if she’s claiming the loss of their son led to her ex-husband’s tragic death.
At this point, investigators have wrapped up their preliminary investigation into Kristoff’s death and will wait for an autopsy and possible toxicology before an official cause is given.
Early Life of Mia St. John
Mia St. John was born as Mia Rosales St. John in San Francisco, California, United States. There is no such information about her parent’s details. She is American by nationality and belongs to Mexican-American ancestry. Her birth sign is Cancer.
She attended college at California State University, Northridge and eventually earned a degree in psychology. While a student, she compiled a taekwondo record of 27–1, was awarded a black belt and worked as a model to fund her education.
Career and Achievements of Mia St. John
- She was 29 years old when she decided to pursue professional boxing. She started off on February 14, 1997, and since then, her career became successful.
- In November 1999, St. John appeared on the cover of Playboy magazine and in an 11-page pictorial. She wanted to show that she was a feminine woman as well as an athlete. Critical of her career, the boxing press added the term “Bunny Boxer” in describing St. John.
- On November 9, 2001, she lost her first fight to Rolanda Andrews with a TKO in the second round, St. John’s first contest after parting with Top Rank.
- On June 12, 2005, and after 47 professional bouts and 9 years, St. John was given a title bout with Liz Drew. She won by unanimous decision, earning the International Female Boxers Association lightweight world title. She followed this win with a unanimous decision over Donna Biggers in August, winning the IBA continental lightweight title.
- St. John has fought all over the world, including Beijing, China, where she won her IBA Championship. After accumulating an unheard of boxing record of nearly 60 pro fights, on June 14, 2008, St. John fulfilled her dream of fighting in her mother’s home country of Mexico. She fought one of the toughest fights of her career and became the WBC international boxing champion of the world at the age of 40.
- In November 2008, she was awarded by the Governor of Zacatecas, Mexico, an outstanding achievement award for her role in sports and humanitarianism. The WBC also presented her with the 2008 “WBC Goodwill Ambassador” Award.
- In November 2010, Rep. Grace Napolitano joined St. John and LA Laker Ron Artest for official mental health and suicide prevention training at Napolitano’s district office in Santa Fe Springs. Artest and St. John have joined Napolitano to promote the Mental Health in Schools Act, legislation she authored which would increase federal funding for mental health therapists in schools.
- She also spoke at the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, where President Barack Obama made a speech at the CHCI’s annual Gala.
- As well as Congress, St. John speaks in schools and juvenile halls on the importance of education and overcoming hardship. She speaks of her own battles with mental illness, addiction, poverty and overcoming it all, to become a three-time international boxing champion.
- On August 14, 2012, St. John fought Christy Martin in a long-awaited rematch. Her dream of sixteen years finally materialized and at the age of 45, she captured the WBC super welterweight championship of the world.
- On November 10, 2012, St. John was defeated by Tiffany Junot in Bakersfield, California, losing her WBC Female Super Welterweight Championship in a unanimous decision.
- On April 14, 2016, St. John had her last boxing bout in New Zealand on the Kali Reis vs. Maricela Cornejo undercard as the curtain call. This was her retirement bout, winning by TKO in the 4th round.
- After accumulating a boxing record of nearly 70 pro fights and five world and international titles, in 2017 she retired.
- In August 2018, St. John admitted to the use of prohibited substances including steroids and masking agents in preparation for around 20 bouts stating that “everyone does it and everyone in boxing knows it.”
Net Worth of Mia St. John
Mia St. John’s net worth is estimated to be in the range of approximately $ 793 Million in 2019, according to the users of vipfaq. The estimated net worth includes stocks, properties, and luxury goods such as yachts and private airplanes. However, she didn’t enclose it publicly at all.
Personal Life of Mia St. John
Moving towards her personal life, she has been hitched and divorced once. She was married to Kristoff St. John, an American on-screen character in 1991. These couples bless by two children, a son Julian and daughter Paris Nicole. Due to some complications in their married life, they separated in 1995. Furthermore, her son died by suicide on November 23, 2014, due to mental illness. At the current time, she is probably single.
Body Measurements of Mia St. John
St. John has an athletic body, a height of 5 feet 6 inches. She weighs 58 kg. Similarly, She has brown eyes and black hair. Her bra size is 38C (US) and wears shoe of size 7.5 (US). Furthermore, Her bust, waist, and hips are 33-25-33 inches respectively.