Missy Elliott is a legendary female rapper in the American music industry.
Facts of Missy Elliott
|Full Name:||Missy Elliott|
|Age:||51 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||July 01, 1971|
|Birth Place:||Virginia, USA|
|Net Worth:||$60 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||Yes|
|Education:||Woodrow Wilson High School|
|Height / How tall :||5.2 inches|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Pisces, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Missy Elliott|
Missy Elliott is a legendary female rapper in the American music industry with 198 multiple notable awards out of 300 nominations. Aside from being a rapper, she is a dancer, a singer, a songwriter, record producer, and TV personality. She is among the top ten female rappers that the world has never seen and she made history in the music industry as one of the female rappers with their debut album spotting the top of Billboards charts in the late 1990s and early 2000s. The aftermath of her abusive upbringing saw her promoting women rights. Read on to learn more of the iconic lady’s biography, net worth, and her sexual orientation.
Where is Missy Elliott born?
Recalling her early life, Missy Elliott was born as Melissa Arnette Elliott. The couple Ronnie Elliott and Patricia Elliott gave birth to their only child Missy in Portsmouth, Virginia, U.S. Her mother was a power company dispatcher and her father was a shipyard welder for U.S Marine.
Talking about Missy’s childhood, she was raised in a poor family. So, many of her experiences were not too happy. Her father was abusive which resulted as a fear by his own family. The abuse was so intense that her mother suffered a physical injury. Furthermore, she was too threatened with a gun. However, she and her mother left her father and started to live at a relative’s home.
As regards Missy’s academic career, she has an impressive past experience in her school. She was a very talented kid and as the result of her impressive exam results, she was promoted to the higher class. Furthermore, she graduated from Woodrow Wilson High School.
When did Missy Elliott pursue her music career?
- Missy’s professional career started as a singer. Initially, she was associated with Sista, a female group. Furthermore, she also was the part of Swing Mob, Total, SWV and much more.
- But the turnaround in her career came in 1997 with the release of her debut album Supa Dupa Fly. And with enormous success, it was able to be listed on Billboard.
- Her second album Da Real World also got huge success and is still regarded as her best work. And consequently she started to release her career-defining work in the albums Under Construction, This Is Not a Test, The Cookbook, and several others.
- She also has made her appearances in the television shows including, The Voice, All That, American Dad, Star, America’s Best Dance Crew, and many others. Also, she has made the association with some of the most famous music artists including, Janet Jackson, Timbaland, Jay-Z, Pharrell Williams, and Fall Out Boys. Furthermore, her collaboration with Nicole Wray for All n My Grill is widely acclaimed.
- And there is a long list of her professional practices. She also has featured in many music videos and artist’s singles. Furthermore, she has created the soundtrack for Step Up 2: The Streets.
- In 2015, she performed with Katy Perry. In addition, she has performed alongside Madonna, Kelly Clarkson, Skrillex, Monica, and more others.
- On February 7, 2016, the day of the fiftieth Super Bowl, Missy Elliott released a promotional single, “Pep Rally”. Later that month, Elliott reunited with former protégée Tweet and frequent collaborator Timbaland on the cut “Somebody Else Will” taken from the former’s third studio album, Charlene.
- By March 15, 2016, First Lady Michelle Obama proclaimed that she had assembled a collaborative track featuring vocals from Missy Elliott, Kelly Clarkson, Janelle Monáe and Zendaya alongside production credit from pop songwriter Diane Warren and Elliott titled “This Is for My Girls”. The iTunes-exclusive record will be used to both coincide with Ms. Obama’s SXSW speech and to promote her third-world educational initiative Let Girls Learn.
- Following a surprise appearance with TLC on the 2016 televised special Taraji’s White Hot Holidays, Elliott announced plans to release a documentary chronicling her impact on the production scene in both audio and video.
- The midnight of January 27, 2017, saw the full-length release to a new Elliott single titled “I’m Better”, featuring production and vocal assistance from recurring sideman Lamb and shared directing credit by Elliott and longtime colleague Dave Meyers.
- In July 2018, Missy Elliott teased fans by appearing on a snippet nicknamed “ID” by Skrillex, a release date for the single has yet to be announced. One month later, Elliott appeared on the Ariana Grande number “Borderline”, taken from the singer’s fourth studio album Sweetener (2018).
- In October 2018, Elliott announced that she is working on her new album, which would be released in 2019. On March 20, 2019, Lizzo released a collaboration with Elliott titled “Tempo”.
- In April 2019 Elliott took to Instagram stating “I just finished a long project I been working on since last year & this my mood ‘Keep On Moving’ I’m about to show y’all I’m on some next ish.” She announced Iconology on August 22, several hours before its release.
- Missy is not only active an artist, but she is constantly found in the events regarding women right and animal right.
What are the achievements of Missy Elliott?
There is a long list of awards and honors under Missy’s name. Some of the popular awards that she received as the result of her successful professional career are Grammy Award, MTV Video Music Award, Soul Train Music Award, American Music Award, Billboard Women in Music Innovator Award and NME Award for Best Hip Hop Act.
She is also the best-selling female rap artist. In addition, her debut album was able to be on top 3 on Billboard 200 list. Also, the song Lady Marmalade which she produced was able to be number one on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2001. Also recently, a man in Virginia collected over 30,000 signatures in support of a statue to honor Elliott’s outstanding career to be erected in her hometown.
Is Missy Elliott married or not?
Reflecting her personal life, Missy Elliott is a bi-sexual and has stated the fact openly. She is currently single. However, she has had several relationships in the past. She was in a relationship with Olivia Longott, Tweety, Faith Evans, Trina, and Nicole Wray. But none of them were serious enough to turn it into marriage.
She has also talked about her desire to give birth to a child but is afraid of the physical pain in doing so. For the time being, there are not any rumors about her personal life and relationships. But, we will surely know if she decides to reveal her new relationship with us.
How much net worth does Missy Elliott earn?
As a result of her successful career, Missy’s has the net worth of about $50 million at present while her salary is yet to be disclosed. Also, she owns some expensive cars including Ferrari, Phantom, and Lamborghini. And, she is still expanding her fame alongside her wealth.
How tall is Missy Elliott?
Observing her body physics, Missy is 5 feet and 2 inches tall and weighs 57 Kg. Furthermore, she has brown hairs and black eyes. And, her shoe size is 7.5. In addition, her breast, waist, and hips sizes are 36, 24, and 34 respectively.