Facts of Snoop Dogg
|Full Name:||Snoop Dogg|
|Age:||51 years 11 months|
|Birth Date:||October 20, 1971|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Snoop Dogg|
Snoop Dogg (Calvin Cordozar Broadus Jr.) is a well-known American rapper, musician, songwriter, producer, media personality, entrepreneur, and actor. He started his singing career in 1992, when he was discovered by Dr. Dre and featured on “Deep Cover,” Dre’s solo debut, and then on The Chronic, Dre’s solo debut album. Since then, he has sold more than 23 million albums in the United States and 35 million worldwide. With No Limit Records, he released the albums Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told (1998), No Limit Top Dogg (1999), and Tha Last Meal (2000). Snoop revealed his conversion to Rastafarianism and a new alias, Snoop Lion, after a trip to Jamaica in 2012. In early 2013, he released Reincarnated, a reggae album, and a documentary film of the same name about his Jamaican experience as Snoop Lion. He was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on November 19, 2018. In 2019, he released I Wan na Thank Me, his seventeenth solo album.
Snoop Dogg’s attacks on Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King, as well as his defense of Kobe Bryant, Michael Jordan, and Bill Cosby, are classic misogynoir.
Not only has the rapper slammed Gayle King (and Oprah) for questioning Kobe Bryant about a rape charge, but he has also defended multiple high-profile alleged sexual abusers. There are many legitimate critiques of Oprah and her media empire (which I and many others have made), but Snoop Dogg and 50 Cent’s criticisms are focused on misogynistic conspiracy theories aimed directly at black women who refuse to dedicate their lives to defending black men at all costs. According to these rappers, Oprah grinned in pictures with Harvey Weinstein (along with many other high-powered people who benefited from his corporate bullying) and later said that the # MeToo campaign was “bigger than” him, but went after black men like Cosby without hesitation. Bill Cosby responded to Snoop’s dog whistle on Instagram, saying, “They didn’t win nor did they silence me when they took me to my gated community and put me inside my penthouse.” It’s so sad and disappointing that even in death, successful Black women are being used to smear the reputation and legacy of successful Black men. ”
Snoop Dogg is well-known for
- being a well-known rapper.
- For becoming one of Dr. Dre’s most notable proteges and rapping in the West Coast hip-hop scene.
When was Snoop Dogg born?
Snoop Dogg, whose real name is Cordozar Calvin Brofus Jr., was born on October 20, 1971, in Long Beach, California, as the second of three sons. His nationality is American, and his ethnicity is Afro-American. Beverly Broadus and Vernell Varnado were his parents when he was born (singer and mail carrier).
Calvin Cordozar Broadus Sr. was his stepfather’s name. In the year 1975, his mother and stepfather divorced. His father abandoned the family when he was three months old. In the year 2019, he turned 48 years old. When he was a child, his parents gave him the nickname “Snoopy.
“He began singing and playing the piano at Golgotha Trinity Baptist Church at a young age. He began rapping when he was in sixth grade. He went on to Long Beach Polytechnic High School and then El Camino College Campton Campus, where he got his diploma. After a trip to Jamaica in 2012, he converted from Islam to the Rastafari movement.
What was the status of Snoop Dogg’s singing career?
- To begin, Snoop Dogg and his cousins produced homemade mixtapes under the name 213.
- One of the mixtape’s tracks caught Dr. Dre’s attention, and he invited Dogg to the audition.
- “Snoop Doggy Dogg” was his stage name when he began rapping.
- Later, Dr. Dre and Dogg collaborated on a song called “Deep Cover,” and Dogg performed on some tracks on Dre’s album The Chronic in 1992.
- Doggystyle, his debut album, was released in 1993 under the label Death Row Records and debuted at number one on both the Billboard 200 and the Billboard Top R & B/Hip-Hop Album Charts.
- The album was certified 4x platinum after selling over a million copies in its first week.
- What’s My Name and Gin and Juice were huge hits, and he went on to compose music for the film Murder Was The Case, which went double platinum.
- He then released Tha Doggfather, his second album, which also debuted at number one on the previous two charts.
- He later signed with No Limit Records, releasing the albums Da Game Is to Be Sold, Not to Be Told, and No Limit Top Dogg, all of which charted at number one on the hip-hop chart.
- No Cap and Tha Last Meal, two of his other albums, sold millions of copies.
- He released his album “Paying tha Cost to Be da Bo $$” in 2002, which included the hit singles “From tha Chuuuch to da Palace” and “Beautiful.”
- In 2004, he released the album R & G (Rhythm & Gangsta): The Masterpiece, which included the single “Drop It Like It’s Hot.”
- Another song, ‘The Hard Way,’ was released the same year, featuring the track “Groupie Luv.”
- Critics praised his 2006 album, “Tha Blue Carpet Treatment,” and its second single, “That’s That Shit.”
- In the following years, he released several albums, including ‘Ego Trippin’ (2008), ‘Malice n Wonderland’ (2009), and ‘Doggumentary’ (2010). (2011).
- By 2012, he had dropped the “Dogg” part of his name and gone by the name Lion.
- His documentary titled ‘Reincarnated’ was released in March 2013, followed by his new studio album of the same name the next month.
- Bush, his 12th studio album, was released in May 2015 and was produced by Pharrell Williams. “Peaches N Cream” and “So Many Pros” from the album went to # 1 on the hip-hop/R & B charts and # 14 on the Billboard 200.
- Coolaid, his 14th studio album, was released in 2016.
- In May 2017, he released Neva Left, his 15th studio album.
- Bible of Love, his 16th studio album, was released in 2018, and it became Dogg’s first album to debut at # 1 on the US Gospel Albums chart.
- Snoop Dogg was identified among hundreds of artists whose material was allegedly destroyed in the 2008 Universal fire by The New York Times Magazine on June 25, 2019.
- I Wan na Thank Me, the title track from his forthcoming 17th studio album, was released on July 3rd, 2019. On August 16th, 2019, the album was released.
- In Hay Trao Cho Anh (Give it to Me), he collaborated with Vietnamese singer Son Tung M-TP, and the song was officially released on July 1, 2019.
- On YouTube, the music video had 158,886,366 views as of October 3, 2019.
What was Snoop Dogg’s acting experience like?
- In 1994, Snoop Dogg made his film debut in Murder Was the Case, a short film.
- He made an appearance in Martin Lawrence’s dark comedy film A Thin Line Between Love and Hate two years later.
- In 1999, he starred as Dra-Man in The Wrecking Crew, alongside Ice-T, Emie Hudson Jr., and Vincent Klyn.
- He then appeared in a number of films, including Bones, Soul Plance, The Tenants, The Big Bang, Scary Movie 5, and Grow House.
- He is currently working on The Beach Bum, a post-production film starring Zac Efron, Matthew McConaughey, and Isla Fisher, as of 2018.
- He has participated in a number of television series and shows. He also hosted Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party and The Joker’s Wild, among other shows.
What is Snoop Dogg’s net worth?
Snoop Dogg’s net worth will undoubtedly be in the millions, as he has made a name for himself in the rapping world. According to The Wealthiest, he has a net worth of $143 million. He became one of the wealthiest rappers in the world with such a fortune. His songs and albums are his main sources of income. In addition, he earns a good living from his acting work.
. As of 2020, his exact salary is being reviewed. He also makes money from investments, having made his first investment in the weed delivery startup Eaze in 2015, which delivers medical marijuana to a person’s doorstep in less than 10 minutes. In addition, he launched Leafs By Snoop, a new cannabis product line.
He also owns a $2 million home in Claremont, California. He owns a range of high-end vehicles, including a Rolls Royce Phantom, a Polaris Slingshot, and others. Ferrari ($188425 to $400k) and Maybach ($167k to $192k) are among the new additions to his collection.
What is the name of Snoop Dogg’s wife?
Snoop Dogg is a happily married man. On June 12, 1997, he married Shante Taylor, his college sweetheart, at The Ritz Carlton Hotel in California. Before getting married, the couple had been having an affair since 1988. His wife filed for divorce on May 21, 2004, citing irreconcilable differences.
“I was going to get a divorce, but I went back home and fell in love with my wife and kids again,” he explained. You’re cloudy a lot of the time. This music industry is a mother, and it will obliterate your vision. But, since God is good, I recognize that I need my wife and children in my life, so I tossed the documents. I’m not asking for a divorce.
So, if you hear of a divorce, it would be my wife who is divorcing me, not me. And I made a mistake, so I’m attempting to correct it. ” On the 12th of January, 2008, Dogg remarried his wife on Charlie Wilson’s 20-acre ranch. Corde Broadus (1994) and Cordell Broadus (1997) are the couple’s two sons, and Cori Broadus is their daughter (1999). Cori, their 6-year-old daughter, was diagnosed with Lupus. Julian Corrie Broadus (1998) is his son from a previous relationship with Laurie Helmond.
What is Snoop Dogg’s height?
Snoop Dogg is a very attractive rapper with a muscular physique. He takes good care of his body. He stands six foot four inches tall and weighs 75 kilograms. The rest of his body measurements will be added in the near future. His eyes are a dark brown color, and his hair is black. He has a balanced body in general.