Tamar Braxton is a singer, actress as well as a television personality of American nationality.
Facts of Tamar Braxton
|Full Name:||Tamar Braxton|
|Age:||44 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||March 17, 1977|
|Birth Place:||Maryland, USA|
|Net Worth:||$13 M|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Michael Conrad Braxton|
|Mother's Name:||Evelyn Braxton|
|Height / How tall :||5.7 inch|
|Waist Size:||29 inch|
|Bra Size:||38 inch|
|Hip Size:||40 inch|
|Lucky Color:||Sea Green|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Cancer, Scorpio|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Tamar Braxton|
Tamar Braxton is a singer, actress as well as a television personality of American nationality known best for being the founding member of the singing group The Braxtons. She founded The Braxtons along with her four sisters in late 1980s. She later pursued her solo career and released five studio albums in 2018.
- An American singer, actress as well as a television personality.
- Being the founding member of the singing group The Braxtons.
- Her work as a singer of some songs including ‘Love and War’, ‘All the Way Home’, ‘The Real’, ‘Braxton Family Values’, and ‘BET Awards 2011’.
Early Life of Tamar Braxton
Tamar Braxton was born as Tamar Estine Herbert in Severn, Maryland, United States of America. Her nationality is American and ethnicity is African-American. She was born to Evelyn Braxton and Michael Conrad Braxton, pastor at the church. Tamar Braxton was raised with her parents along with her 5 siblings; Toni Braxton (Older Sister), Traci Braxton (Older Sister), Trina Braxton (Older Sister), Michael Conrad Braxton Jr. (Older Brother), and Towanda Braxton (Older Sister).
She was raised in the environment which supported her way of being a successful singer in her future because all of her siblings were intended to be a singer. She was all set to be a singer and an actor in her future because of her family and other supporting factors.
Talking about her educational background, there is no any information relevant to her education. No data about her high school, elementary school, and college is available through any media making her educational background a really incomplete one.
Career and Achievements of Tamar Braxton
- The five Braxton sisters, including Tamar, formed ‘The Braxtons’, an R&B singing group in 1989, and released their first single, ‘Good Life’ in 1990. The single didn’t perform well and as a result, Arista Records canceled the deal signed with them.
- When one of the sisters, Toni, started pursuing a solo career and left the group, the other sisters including Tamar featured in the music video for Toni’s single, ‘Seven Whole Days’.
- In 1996, the sisters returned with a new album ‘So Many Ways’, which ranked No. 26 on the Billboard R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart.
- In 1998, Tamar left the group to pursue a solo career and signed a deal with DreamWorks Records. She released her solo album, ‘Ridiculous’, featuring many different musical styles.
- However, it failed to impact urban radio outlets. Instead of canceling the album, Dreamworks Records dropped three old tracks, and added new ones, and renamed it ‘Tamar’ (2000). When the new songs too failed to gain impact, her label dropped her from the roster.
- In 2001, one of her unreleased songs ‘Try Me’ was featured on the soundtrack album for the film ‘Kingdom Come’. She started working on a number of songs and made music video cameos, including the video for ‘He Wasn’t Man Enough.’ She also co-wrote songs and sang background vocals for Toni’s albums.
- By 2004, she had begun work on her second album, and a single, ‘I’m Leaving,’ was released. That same year, she released another single.
- In 2010, she signed with Universal Records, and launched a single ‘The Heart In Me’, which was included on the ‘Adidas 2: The Music compilation.’ The same year, WEtv signed Braxton, her mother, and sisters for a reality series, ‘Braxton Family Values’. The show started on April 12, 2011.
- In 2011, Braxton and her husband announced that they would produce and star in their own reality series ‘Tamar & Vince,’ based on her solo career and their married life. In 2012, she signed a new contract with Streamline Records.
- When her music career was not picking up well, she started doing several other things. She featured as a model for the ‘Front Row Couture’ collection during the ‘ELLE/Style360’ NYC Fashion Week. She also co-hosted Tameka Cottle’s talk show ‘Tiny Tonight on VH1’. She hosted ‘The Culturelist’, a show on BET’s sister channel Centric.
- In 2013, she finally started getting her well-deserved place in the music industry. In 2013, she signed with Epic Records to release her second album, ‘Love and War’ on September 3, 2013. The album’s title track was a commercial success and was No. 1 for nine weeks on the Adult R&B Songs chart.
- The single ‘The One’ from the album ‘Love and War’ did well and found a place in the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart. The album was also a success in the US and sold 114,000 copies in the first week. Braxton said that this album truly reflects who she is, as it is opinionated, insightful, and full of high energy.
- From 2013-16, Braxton co-hosted ‘The Real’ talk show for Fox Broadcasting Company which proved to be a popular show. In 2013, the second season of the ‘Tamar & Vince’ show premiered in September; this season showcased the preparation for, and the birth of the couple’s baby, and the launch of ‘Love and War.’
- Braxton’s debut Christmas album, ‘Winter Loversland’, was launched on November 11, 2013. It also charted on the Billboard 200 and sold 8,000 copies in the first week.
- The year 2014 was also an eventful one. In February 2014, she was featured in the remix of Robin Thicke’s single ‘For the Rest of My Life’. The season 3 of ‘Tamar & Vince’ premiered in October. Braxton’s new single ‘Let Me Know’ was also released in October, which peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Trending 140 chart.
- In May 2015, the single ‘If I Don’t Have You’ was released, and it peaked at No. 6 on the US Adult R&B Songs chart. The single ‘Catfish’ was released in September, along with the album ‘Calling All Lovers’. In September, the single ‘Angels & Demons’ was released. In December, the Christmas album ‘Braxton Family Christmas’ charted at No. 1 on the US Heatseekers Albums.
- In May 2016, she was dropped from ‘The Real’. In June 2016, 112th Street Productions signed her to produce her own talk show and TV series. She also left Epic Records and signed with eOne Music for a $1 million deal.
- In April 2017, she released the single ‘My Man’ from her upcoming fifth studio album.
- In 2018, she released the music video Makings of You, from her latest album Bluebird of Happiness. The same day, she released the music video of “Love It” from her 2015 album Calling All Lovers. The same week, she released the music video of “Wanna Love You Boy”, from her last album Bluebird of Happiness and the music video of “Pieces”, from her 2013 album Love and War.
- On January 13, 2019, it appeared as a contestant in the second season of the American reality television series Celebrity Big Brother. The show premiered on CBS on January 21, 2019, and concluded on February 13, 2019.
- On February 13, 2019, she emerged as the second unanimous winner in US Big Brother history with a vote of 9-0. At the same time, she made her movie acting debut in the upcoming film “Gangland” from Jean-Claude La Marre.
Net Worth of Tamar Braxton
Tamar Braxton’s net worth is $13 million as per The Richest, as of September 2019. She has earned a hefty amount of net worth from her musical and acting career. She makes good money from her record sales, tours, reality series, and other endeavors.
Similarly, She made $200K from sales of her album Love and War (2013). She also makes her money with her fashion line Tamar Collection (clothing and shoe line). She founded her business in November 2014. She also owns numerous luxurious vehicles. She also endorses several brands.
Personal Life of Tamar Braxton
She has been married twice to date but both of her marriages failed. She is dating a Nigerian singer for some months. In September 2018, she went to Wendy Williams’ show, The Wendy Williams Show and revealed little detail about her new boyfriend. She added that she met him at a birthday party and lives in LA. She is yet to reveal his details.
Previously, she was married to music producer and record artist Vince Herbert from 2008-13. She met him in 2003 and began dating him. After dating for five years, the couple married on 27 November 2008, in Los Angeles.
In March 2013, she announced her pregnancy in an episode of Good morning America. The couple welcomed their son Logan Herbert on 6 June 2013. After nine months of marriage, she separated from him in October 2017 citing irreconcilable differences. She privately divorced from him in early 2018.
Before that, she was married to music producer Darrell Delite Allamby in 2001. He was is a songwriter and producer who worked with numerous artists. She met him while he worked on her debut album’s tracks. The couple divorced after two years of marriage in 2003.
The affair and dating history of this beauty has been talked about, as much as her career is. She was previously in a relationship with Tricky Steward previously. They dated for quite some time before deciding to move on with their lives. Her spouse is a record executive that she met through her sister. Their love that started off after meeting has grown into much more and has managed to make them extremely popular in the eyes of the public.
In addition, Tamar Braxton is active on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. She has more than 3 million followers on Facebook, 2.8 million followers on Instagram and 1.63 million followers on Twitter.
Body Measurements of Tamar Braxton
Tamar has a height of 5 feet 7 inches. Her body weighs 75 Kg. She has blonde hair and dark brown eyes. Furthermore, her bra size is 34D and shoe size is 6 (US). Her body measurements are 38-29-40 inches.