Facts of Adam Schlesinger
|Full Name:||Adam Schlesinger|
|Age:||55 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||October 31, 1967|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Capricorn, Cancer, Pisces|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Adam Schlesinger|
Adam Schlesinger is an American singer and songwriter who is famous for playing in bands like “Ivy” and “Fountains of Wayne”. He received about 10 Emmy nominations which include alone five for the hit film “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”. He recently died at the age of 52 by the complication of COVID-19. To know more about him, you can read the below article.
What is Adam Schlesinger famous for?
- An American singer-songwriter, record producer, bassist, guitarist, keyboardist, and drummer.
- The winner of three Emmy Awards, a Grammy Award, and the ASCAP Pop Music Award.
Where is Adam Schlesinger from?
Going back to his early life, Adam Schlesinger was born in New York City as the son of Barbara Bernthal, a publicist, and Stephen Schlesinger. He grew up along with his sister, Laurie Rose in Manhattan and Montclair, New Jersey. Similarly, he is of American nationality and his nationality is White. His birth sign is Scorpio and he is Christianity by religion.
For education, He attended Montclair High School. Later, He received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Williams College in philosophy.
When did Adam Schlesinger pursue his music career?
- Talking about his music journey, Adam Schlesinger joined the band Ivy in 1993 and he became managing director of the Scratchie Records label in 1995.
- With his college friend Chris Collingwood, He started a band named Fountains of Wayne. The band released its first self titled album with Adam on bass. Fountains of Wayne was able to reach number 115 on the Billboard 200 with their third album named Welcome Interstate Managers released in 2003 and number 37 with Sky Full of Holes in 2011.
- At the same time, he wrote the famous song “That Thing You Do!” for which he was nominated for Oscar in 1997.
- In parallel to his performance in band, he continued to write for television, film, and stage and wrote the music for the film “Right in the heart – a song for you”. The musical Cry-Baby premiered in 2008, for which Adam was nominated for Tony Award.
- In 2012 he won Emmy Award for songs he wrote with Mr. Javerbaum that were performed during Emmy’s telecasts: “It’s Not Just for Gays Anymore” and in 2013 for his song “If I Had Time”.
- Recently he collaborated with Sarah Silverman on a stage adaptation of her memoir, “The Bedwetter,” which was scheduled to begin performing in April however it is delayed due to the pandemic Coronavirus.
- Moreover, he had begun working with Rachel Bloom of “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend” to write songs for a musical adaptation of the TV show “The Nanny”.
What are the achievements of Adam Schlesinger?
Throughout his career spanning more than 25 years, he has written wrote many songs. He received about 10 Emmy nominations which include alone five for the hit film “Crazy Ex-Girlfriend”. Some of his achievements are:
- Grammy 2010: Best Comedy Album (A Colbert Christmas: The Greatest Gift of All!).
- Emmy 2012: Award for Outstanding Music and Poetry for It’s Not Just for Gays Anymore at the 65th Annual Tony Awards 2011.
- Emmy 2013: Emmy for Outstanding Music and Poetry for If I Had Time, sung during the 66th Annual Tony Awards 2012.
- Won Emmy Award 2019 for Outstanding Music and Poetry for Anti-Depressants Are So Not a Big Deal in Crazy Ex-Girlfriend.
Who was Adam Schlesinger Dating?
Adam Schlesinger was married to Katherine Michel on January 30th, 1999. They met in 1996 at WXOU Radio Bar and started dating each other. Together, the pair is blessed with two daughters named Sadie ad Claire. Sadly, the pair divorced in 2013.
He had been dating Alexis Morley. However, Schlesinger became one of the victims to die from COVID-19 complications. He died aged 52 on 1 April 2020.
How did Adam Schlesinger die?
Adam Schlesinger passed away at the age of 52 due to the complications of COVID-19. He was diagnosed with COVID-19 and was hospitalized in upstate New York. As per the TMZ, his partner said, “he was on a ventilator and has been sedated to help his recovery. He is in critical health, but his situation is growing slightly and we are cautiously optimistic.” Sadly, he left the world forever on 01st April 2020.
What is Adam Schlesinger net worth?
Adam Schlesinger is a music personality who earned a decent amount of money and fame through his profession in the field of the music industry. As per the online sites, his net worth reported $14 million at the time of his death. However, his assets details and earning were yet to be disclosed.
What was Adam Schlesinger height?
Adam Schlesinger had a height of 5 feet 11 inches and weighed around 75 Kg. His eyes are dark brown and his hair color is black. He wore 9 (US) shoe size. Further, his chest, waist, and biceps sizes are 42-34-17 inches respectively.