Facts of Martha Stewart
|Full Name:||Martha Stewart|
|Age:||82 years 4 months|
|Birth Date:||August 03, 1941|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Martha Stewart|
Martha Stewart is an American retail businesswoman, former model, television personality, and author. She is best known as the founder of “Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia”. She has launched several TV shows, magazines, and books. She is famous for her TV show “Martha Stewart Living” and her “Martha Stewart Living” magazine. She has won several Daytime Emmy Awards for her TV show “Martha Stewart Living”.
On July 21, 2020, Martha Stewart posted a seductive poolside selfie on Instagram and captioned ” My pool in East Hampton is the place to be on a 89 degree day! When I built the pool thirty years ago it was designed to be as chlorine free as possible, with a natural concrete finish-no paint- and it fit in a long narrow space between the house and the property line. I made it extra deep for diving and with no protruding steps so we could really race the length without worrying about obstacles. After all these years, It is a fun place to swim!!!”
Martha has 3.1 million followers on Instagram @ marthastewart and 3.6M Followers on Twitter @ MarthaStewart.
What is Martha Stewart Famous for?
- Being the founder of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
- Her TV show Martha Stewart Living.
Where was Martha Stewart born?
Martha Stewart was born in Jersey City, New Jersey, the USA on August 3, 1941. Her birth name is Martha Helen Kostyra. She was born to father, Edward Kostyra, and mother, Martha Ruszkowski Kostyra. She has five siblings named, Frank Kostyra, Kathryn Evans, Laura Plimpton, George Christiansen, and Eric Scott. When Martha was three years old, her family shift to Nutley, New Jersey. Martha holds an American nationality and belongs to white ethnicity. She is of Polish descent. Her zodiac sign is Leo. Her religion is catholic.
Regarding her educational background, she attended Nutley High School. After high school graduation, she enrolled in Barnard College and graduated with a degree in history and architectural history.
Martha Stewart’s Career Highlights
- At the age of 10, Martha worked as a babysitter for the children of Mickey Mantle, Yogi Berra, and Gil McDougald.
- At the age of 15, she was featured in a ‘Unilever’ television commercial. Later on, she appeared in several television commercials and in magazines. She did fashion modeling for Chanel during her college days to earn some money for her college tuition.
- In 1967, she began a career as a stockbroker, at a small Wall Street firm. Later she moved to Westport, Connecticut with her family where they purchased and restored a Federal-style farmhouse in Turkey Hill.
- In 1976, She started a catering business in her basement with Norma Collier, a friend from her modeling days. The business became successful but differences between two friends led that Martha bought Collier’s portion of the business.
- Thereafter, she worked as the manager of a gourmet food store, the Market Basket, but after a disagreement with the owners, she opened her own food store.
- In 1982, Martha released her first book “Entertaining” with ghostwriter Elizabeth Hawes. The book featured recipes and photos from the parties that Martha had hosted.
- In 1983, she released the book “Martha Stewart’s Quick Cook”. The book included 200 recipes that could be put together in less than an hours’ time.
- In 1984, she published the book “Martha Stewart’s Hors D’Oeuvres: The Creation and Presentation of Fabulous Finger Foods” which included 175 full-color photographs illustrate Hors D’Oeuvres, 150 recipes about finger foods that could be served at different parties.
- Afterwards, she published many books on cooking and homemaking including; Martha Stewart’s Pies & Tarts (1985), Weddings (1987), The Wedding Planner (1988), Martha Stewart’s Secrets for Entertaining (1988), Martha Stewart’s Quick Cook Menus (1988), and Martha Stewart’s Christmas (1989), among others. At that time, she had also authored several newspaper columns, magazine articles on homemaking, and also made several television appearances on programs such as The Oprah Winfrey Show and Larry King Live.
- In 1990, she teamed with ‘Time Publishing Ventures Inc.’ to publish a new magazine, ‘Martha Stewart Living’, for which she served as editor-in-chief.
- In 1993, she began a weekly half-hour syndicated television show of the same name “Martha Stewart Living”, based on her magazine.
- In September 1997, Martha was able to secure funding to buy the various television, print, and merchandising ventures related to the “Martha Stewart brand”, and merged them and established a new company, named “Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia” (MSLO).
- On October 19, 1999, Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia was listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol MSO. The stock IPO was set $18 per share and peaked $38 per share at the end of trading which made her the first female self-made billionaire in America.
- n 27 December 2001, Martha sold 3,928 shares of ImClone Systems, a biomedical firm owned by family friend Samuel Waksal and she avoided a loss of $45,673 and the next day the value of stock fell by 16 percent.
- In 2003, she was accused of securities fraud and obstruction of justice conspiracy and making false statements to prosecutors and the FBI.
- In January 2004, she went on a six-week jury trial to face the charges put against her and she was found guilty in March 2004 then she faced charges for conspiracy.
- In July 2004, she sentenced for a period of five months in a federal correctional facility and she was also to be on supervised release for a period of two years including 5-month electronic monitoring.
- Martha was released from prison on March 4, 2005. After her release, she launched “Martha Stewart Living Radio”, which was aired on Sirius Satellite Radio’s channel 112. The same year, she also hosted “The Martha Stewart Show” and “The Apprentice” on NBC.
- In October 2005, Martha released a book titled “The Martha Rules”, on starting and managing a new business and after one month, her company released Martha Stewart Baking Handbook.
- In 2006, she published a book, “Martha Stewart’s Homekeeping Handbook: The Essential Guide to Caring for Everything in Your Home”.
- In 2007, Her company “Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia” signed a partnership with E & J Gallo Winery to produce a wine brand with label Martha Stewart Vintage.
- In 2008, “Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia” released craft lines under the names of ‘Martha Stewart Celebrate’ and ‘Martha Stewart Create’.
- In 2010, she appeared on the TV show, “The Martha Stewart Show” as ‘Martha’ on the Hallmark Channel.
- In 2011, She started a new 30-minute show, Martha Bakes, on the Hallmark Channel.
- In 2012, Martha debuted on the NBC legal drama ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit’ starred in the episode “Learning Curve” as a private school’s headmistress. The same year, a TV series named Martha Stewart’s Cooking School, debuted on PBS.
- In 2016, Martha featured on VH1’s show “Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party” along with her friend Snoop Dogg. The friends also starred together in a Super Bowl commercial for T-Mobile in February 2017.
- In 2018, she started appearing as a recurring judge in a cooking competition “Chopped” on the Food Network.
- In February 2019, she joined a Canadian marijuana company “Canopy Growth” (CGC) as an advisor.
Martha Stewart’s Awards and Achievements
- Martha Stewart has won four times Daytime Emmy Awards under the “Outstanding Service Show Host” category for the show ‘Martha Stewart Living’ in the year 1995, 1997, 2002, and 2003. Also, she has got several Daytime Emmy Awards nominations under the “Outstanding Service Show Host” category for Martha Stewart Living.
- She has won four times Daytime Emmy Awards under the “Outstanding Service Show” category for the show ‘Martha Stewart Living’ in the year in the year 2001, 2003, 2004, and 2005.
- She has won two times Daytime Emmy Awards under the “Outstanding Lifestyle Program” category for the show ‘Martha’ in the year 2010 and 2011. Also, she has won a Daytime Emmy Awards under the “Outstanding Lifestyle/Culinary Host” category for the show Martha in 2005.
- She has also achieved nominations for Gold Derby Awards (2017), MTV Movie + TV Awards (2017), and Online Film & Television Association (2005,2002).
- She has achieved Primetime Emmy Awards nomination under the “Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality-Competition Program” category for the show ‘Martha & Snoop’s Potluck Dinner Party’ along with Snoop Dogg in 2017.
- she was named one of the “50 Most Powerful Women” by Fortune magazine (October 1998, October 1999, and October 2000)
- She was also named one of the “America’s 25 Most Influential People” by Time magazine in June 1996.
- In 2011, she was inducted into the “New Jersey Hall of Fame”.
Martha Stewart’s Husband and Children
Martha Stewart married Andrew Stewart on 1 July 1961. On 27 September 1965, the couple blessed with a daughter named Alexis Stewart. The couple divorced in 1990.
She also dated actor Anthony Hopkins for some time. Martha was romantically involved with billionaire Charles Simonyi for almost 15 years but they broke up in around February 2008.
Martha Stewart’s Height
Martha Stewart is a beautiful lady with average body build. She stands at a height of 1.77m (5 feet and 9 inches) tall and she has a bodyweight of 59 kg (130 lbs.). Her body measurement is 37-27-36 inches. She wears 34B bra size and her dress size is 8 (US). Her shoe size is 10 (US). Her hair color is Blonde and her eye color is Light Brown. Her sexual orientation is straight.
Martha Stewart’s Net worth
Martha Stewart is an American retail businesswoman, television personality, and author. She is the founder of “Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia”. She has achieved good earnings from her business ventures and TV shows. As of 2020, she has an estimated net worth of $800 million but her salary has not disclosed yet.