Michelle Wie is a professional golfer.
Facts of Michelle Wie
|Full Name:||Michelle Wie|
|Age:||33 years 5 months|
|Birth Date:||October 11, 1989|
|Birth Place:||Hawaii, USA|
|Net Worth:||$12 M|
|Marital Status:||In Relation|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is lesbian ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Boo Wei|
|Mother's Name:||Byung Wook-Wei|
|Height / How tall :||6 ft|
|Waist Size:||24 inch|
|Bra Size:||35 inch|
|Hip Size:||35 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Gemini|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Michelle Wie|
Hawaii-born Michelle Wie was born is a professional golfer. She turned professional in 2005. Michelle has listed 5 professional wins. It includes all 5 “LPGA Tour” win. Additionally, she has participated in “U.S Women’s Open”, “Women’s British Open”, and “Women’s PGA Championship”, and others. Presently, she ranks 75th in Official Rolex Ranking and 35th in CME ranking.
- An American professional golfer.
- a five-time winner on the LPGA Tour.
Michelle Wie Engaged To Her Boyfriend, Jonnie West
Michelle Wie is happily engaged to her boyfriend, Jonnie West.
Michelle and her boyfriend kept their relationship entirely private before going public. He never revealed the date when they started dating but she made the first post with him on 26 January 2019 on her Instagram account.
On 10 March 2019, Jonnie and Michelle announced their engagement. Jonnie fiance even flaunted her diamond ring on her ring finger after getting engaged. Both of them make a pretty good couple and looks very happy together.
Even though they kept their dating life very private, the duo did not hide their engagement news from the media. So, it is not useless to hope that they will disclose their wedding date as well.
Early Life of Michelle Wie
Michelle Wie was born as Michelle Sung Wie to Korean-American parents, Boo Wei and Byung Wook-Wei. Her father was a book professor and her mother was an amateur golfer in South Korea. She was born and raised in Honolulu, Hawaii, the United States.
She belongs to a Korean ethnicity however, she holds an American nationality. The player with dual citizenship of Korea and the U.S. finally renounced Korean citizenship in 2013. She was passionate about golf from a very young age. She played golf throughout her high school and college days.
As per her education, she attended Punahou School in Honolulu in June 2007. Afterward, for her further studies, she enrolled at Stanford University in 2007. Later, she graduated from there with a degree in communication.
How many LPGA wins does Michelle Wie?
- Michelle had a keen interest in sports, especially on golf from a young age. She started to play golf when she was just 4 years old and amazed everyone with her talent. She did her schooling from Punahou School, Honolulu.
- Later, she joined Stanford University for her further studies where her grandfather was a visiting professor and her aunt and uncle too graduated from the same university. She graduated in 2002 with a major in Communications.
- She turned professional in 2005, although, she played in very limited tournaments till 2008 due to her extremely young age being an issue. Her first professional event was in the 2005 LPGA Samsung World Championship. Wie won her first professional individual tournament, the Lorena Ochoa Invitational in Guadalajara, Mexico, defeating Kristie Kerr on November 15, 2009.
- She won her fourth LPGA Tour event and a first major championship, the U.S. Women’s Open defeating Stacy Lewis on 22 June 2014 Till date, she has won 4 LPGA Tour with 1 major championship and 3 other LPGA Tour wins and is planning to win more in near future. She has also been the winner of various tournaments before turning as a professional.
- On 4th March 2018, Michelle won her 5th LPGA Tour event in the United States – HSBC Women’s World Championship.
- Consequently, she has accumulated 4 professional wins until now. All of these are on LPGA tour. Additionally, she has participated in “U.S Women’s Open”, “The Evian Championship”, and “Women’s PGA Championship”, and others.
Personal Life of Michelle Wie
Moving on to her personal life, Michelle is not married but was in a relationship with Robin Lopez, a professional basketball player for New York Knicks of NBA. The couple first met at Stanford University. When asked about their relationship, they never went public about their affair. The couple started dating from 2008 and ended a few months after. After that, she is in a relationship with her loving partner, Adam Zahn, a former basketball player. The couple began dating since 2014 and ended a few months after.
According to the latest news, she was engaged with Jonnie West on 10th March 2019. Even though they kept their dating life very private, the duo did not hide their engagement news from the media. So, it is not useless to hope that they will disclose their wedding date as well.
She has a huge fan following and grabs the maximum attention wherever she goes. But, this never caused any problem in their love life. She currently resides in Jupiter, Florida, U.S.
Like other celebrities, Michelle also has a ton of controversies throughout her life. One of the huge controversies was aroused when Wie missed the cut at 2007 Sony Open by 14 shots. The critics doubted whether she could make it or not. The other one was when she hired and fired lots of caddy after when her father stopped being her caddy. The misinformation about her wrist injury also created a lot of buzz in the media. She is a good friend of Lydia Ko.
How Much is Michelle Wie’s Net Worth?
She can be seen endorsing various brands such as Nike, McDonald’s, Kia Motors, Sony and many more. Michelle can also be seen as engaged in various charity works and events. As of 2019, Michelle has an estimated net worth of around $12 million including all of her properties and earnings.
Apart from her earnings from the professional career, she to endorses brands like Nike, McDonald’s, Kia Motors, and Sony.
Body Measurements of Michelle Wie
Observing her body measurements, Wie has a height of 6 feet and weighs 68 kg. Her hair color is dark brown and eye color is dark brown. Her body measurement is 35-24-35 inches and her bra size is 34(A). She wears a shoe size is 11 (US) and dress size is 4 (US).
To know more about Michelle Wie, she can be followed on different social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Wikipedia. Besides, there are different sites which provide a brief bio on her.