Facts of John Bel Edwards
|Full Name:||John Bel Edwards|
|Age:||56 years 6 months|
|Birth Date:||September 16, 1966|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Taurus, Capricorn|
|View more / View fewer Facts of John Bel Edwards|
John Bel Edwards is the 56th governor of Louisiana. He is an American politician, military officer, and attorney. Since 2016, he has been the governor of Louisiana. He is also a veteran of the United States Army, having served with the 82nd Airborne Division and rising to the rank of commander. He was the first democrat to win re-election since 1975 in 2019.
What does John Bel Edwards have a reputation for?
As an American politician and the new governor of Louisiana, he is well-known.
When was John Bel Edwards born?
John Bel Edwards was born in the town of Amite, Louisiana, on September 16, 1966. His nationality is American. John Bel Edwards is his given name. His race is White, and his zodiac sign is Virgo.
John Edwards was born into a well-to-do family with a history of government. Edwards’ parents are Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff Frank M. Edwards Jr. and Dora Jean Edwards (mother). His father was a member of Louisiana Governor Edwin Edwards’ administration.
Edward was raised in his hometown, where he graduated as valedictorian from Amite High School in 1984. He moved on to the United States Military Academy, where he received a Bachelor of Science in Engineering. In 1999, he also earned his J.D. from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
Edward was a vice-chairman of the honor code panel at West Point. In 1986, he also finished Airborne School while still at West Point. Edward also completed the Infantry Officer Basic Course, Ranger School, and the Infantry Officer Advanced Course at Fort Benning in 1988, 1989, and 1990. (1992).
Frank Millard Edwards, the chief of police in Independence, Louisiana, and Christopher Edwards, who died in an auto accident in 2011, are his siblings.
Career Highlights of John Bel Edwards
- John Edwards served in the Army for almost eight years, mainly with the 25th Infantry Division and the 82nd Airborne Division.
- Edwards also worked as an attorney for Edwards & Associates in Amite.
- He is a moderate Democrat who is pro-gun rights and anti-abortion.
- In 2007, Edward ran for a seat in Louisiana’s House of Representatives.
- He was the first freshman legislator in the legislature to chair a committee.
- In 2011, Edwards challenged Johnny Duncan for re-election to the Louisiana House of Representatives.
- After serving as the chairman of the Louisiana House Democratic Caucus, Edwards was elected to the position of House Minority Leader.
- He declared his intention to run for governor in 2015 in 2013, and he ultimately won the race.
- Edwards voted for Obama at the Democratic National Convention in 2012 and for Hillary Clinton in the 2016 presidential election.
- Edwards signed an executive order on April 13, 2016, to shield homosexuals, gays, bisexuals, and transgender people from violence.
- Edwards signed a bill into law in May 2018 prohibiting abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy.
- On November 16, 2019, Louisiana became the second GOP-dominated state this month where a Democrat narrowly defeated a Trump-backed nominee in a gubernatorial election.
Who is the wife of John Bel Edwards?
John Bel Edwards is a husband and father. Donna Edwards, Edwards’s wife, is his life partner. Donna is a well-educated woman who graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi in Hattiesburg with a Business degree in Industrial Management.
She is a certified teacher. The couple has three children: Sarah and Samantha Edwards, two daughters, and John Miller Edwards, a son.
He is also a Roman Catholic and a member of the Amite’s St. Helena Roman Catholic Church. On March 16, 2019, he won his second GTT Golf Tournament, which was organized by his West Point classmates.
What is John Bel Edwards’ net worth?
Through his professional career as a governor and attorney, John Bel Edwards has amassed a sizable fortune. Edwards has amassed a million-dollar fortune through his various positions and services. His overall net worth is estimated to be around $4.8 million.
What is John Bel Edwards’ height?
John Bel Edwards, the governor of Louisiana, is 53 years old and has an average body type. Edwards has a light skin tone, grey hair, and brown eyes.