Michael George Vrabel is an American football coach and former linebacker who is the head coach of the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League.
Facts of Mike Vrabel
|Full Name:||Mike Vrabel|
|Age:||47 years 10 months|
|Birth Date:||August 04, 1975|
|Birth Place:||Akron, Ohio|
|Children:||Tyler Vrabel, Carter Vrabel|
|Relationship affair ?:||No|
|Is gay ?:||No|
|Father's Name:||Chuck Vrabel|
|Height / How tall :||6.3 inch|
|Best Match for Marriage:||Sagittarius, Gemini, Aries|
|View more / View fewer Facts of Mike Vrabel|
An American football coach and former linebacker who is the current head coach of the Tennessee Titans of the National Football League is named for Mike Vrabel. His NFL coaching career began in 2014 with the Houston Texans as linebackers coach and then defensive coordinator, before being hired in 2018 as head coach of the Titans. He is a very talented person.
Tom Brady gives Mike Vrabel a small trophy for Titans’ win over Patriots
Mike Vrabel has been trash-talking with Tom Brady since the day the former linebacker joined the New England Patriots’ offseason program back in 2001 as a free agent. Brady provided a reminder Thursday he can give just as good as he gets. With coach Bill Belichick watching, Brady presented his friend a small trophy before practice with the score of the Titans’ 34-10 win over New England last November. Of course, the Patriots rebounded to win the Lombardi Trophy with their sixth Super Bowl title in February while the Titans missed the playoffs to cap Vrabel’s first season as head coach. “I don’t think it’s appropriate for me to speak about that private moment,” Brady said with a smile. “But it was a nice gesture from me to him, and hopefully he appreciates it,” Vrabel said he didn’t know where the trophy was after practice. “Just a friend trying to give an old friend a present, just a little trophy for coaching,” Vrabel said. The Patriots and Titans wrapped up their second practice together Thursday with more than just old teammates chirping back and forth at each other. This session featured a shoving match between Titans rookie wide receiver A.J. Brown and Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore with teammates rushing in only to be separated by Vrabel and Titans general manager Jon Robinson. The Patriots had a handful of wide receivers sidelined: veteran Julian Edelman (thumb), rookie N’Keal Harry, veteran Demaryius Thomas, Maurice Harris, and Cameron Meredith. That left Brady making Gunner Olszewski and Braxton Berrios look like his favorite targets especially in a two-minute drill to wrap up the practice.
Early Life of Mike
On 14th August 1975, Mike was born as Michael George Vrabel in Akron11, Ohio. As of 2019, he celebrated his 43rd birthday. His nationality is American and his ethnicity is White. He attended Walsh Jesuit High School and later he went to Ohio State. His religion is Christian. There is no information regarding his parents, siblings, and more.
Body Measurements of Mike
The average height of an NFL linebacker is 6 feet 3 inches (1.9 m) but Mike Vrabel, however, measures an inch taller with a height of 6 feet 4 inches (1.93 m). He further has a weight of 261 pounds (118 kg). Overall, he has got a healthy body. His other body measurements will be added soon.
Career of Mike
- Mike played defensive end from 1993 to 1996 at Ohio State University.
- He was recognized as a consensus first-team All-American in 1996 as a senior.
- He was named to the Ohio State Football All-Century Team in 2000, and in 2012 was inducted into the Ohio State Athletics Hall of Fame.
- He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers in the third round (91st overall) of the 1997 NFL Draft.
- He joined the New England Patriots as a free agent for the 2001-2002 season.
- He caught one in 2002, two in 2004, three in 2005, and two in 2007 in the regular season, and one each in Super Bowls XXXVIII and XXXIX, all with the Patriots, and one each in 2009 and 2010 with the Chiefs (thrown by former Patriot Matt Cassel).
- In December 2007 he was selected to start at the Pro Bowl; in January 2008 he was named to the NFL All-Pro team for the 2007 season.
- The Patriots traded Vrabel to the Kansas City Chiefs on 27th February 2009.
- It was revealed that the Patriots traded both Vrabel and Matt Cassel in exchange for the Chiefs’ second-round pick, the 34th overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft.
- He retired on July 10, 2011, to become the linebackers coach at Ohio State.
- He was hired by the Houston Texans as a linebackers coach on 10th January 2014.
- He was hired as the head coach of the Tennessee Titans on a five-year deal on 20th January 2018.
- On 11th November 2018, he beat his former longtime coach Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots in a 34-10 Week 10 victory.
Net Worth of Mike
Mike Vrabel is a very successful person. His career as first a player and then as a coach in the National Football League has earned him quite a lot of money. The former linebacker is said to have a net worth of around $11 million, a figure that will be on the rise in the coming years as he builds his coaching career. He recently splashed out on a 6,100 square foot custom new home which has six bedrooms and eight bathrooms, in Forrest Hills, Tennesse. The coach was said to have paid around $2 million for the home after having reportedly sold his previous place in Ohio for around $3 million. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
Marital Status, Wife, Child
Mike is a married person. He was married to Jennifer and they have two sons, Tyler and Carter. As of today, the couple is living a happy life without any disturbances.